Highlighted
Comada
1 Copper

Latitude E5420 (slight electric shock by touching the metal cover)

Help!

Last week I purchased and received a Latitude E5420 (Intel i7 version) through Dell Japan as I am in Japan now.  I chose this laptop for its size, functionality and screen resolution. 

Everything appeared fine and normal until I realized that I could fee some low electricity (with fine vibration) when I touched the cover of the computer.  This happens only when the computer is connected to AC adapter.

The computer was immediately sent to Dell Japan repair depot, but they phoned me to say that it is "normal" or "within the spec for metal covered lap top computer."  However, I have never ever had this kind of problems in the past with Dell, Toshiba, Panasonic computers I have ever used.  I am writing this message from my Inspiron 700 m whose cover has a large metal section, if not as much as the cover of E5420.

Do any one of you who are using E5420 who have the same problem?  Or, if you could just check with your own E5420 by touching the cover with and without the AC adapter and feel anything from your computer and let me and others know, I am very grateful. 

Thank you for your help in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
7 Plutonium

Re: Latitude E5420 (slight electric shock by touching the metal cover)

There is a sticky at the top of the forum.

DELL-Terry B

A Tingling Sensation May Be Noticed When Touching Metal Components...

Popular Post

Latest post by DELL-Terry B

Fri, Jun 24 2011 1:35 PM

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro