Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

VS

March 21st, 2017 08:00

Latitude E5470 - Battery 5% not charging

Dear all,

I have a Dell Latitude E5470. It is 13 months old. I'm experiencing a very annoying problem. During the last weeks, as soon as I turn on the PC, the battery led starts flashing orange, very rapidly. Once I'm in Win10, the battery icon reports that the battery charge is 5%, but it is not charging. If I try to turn on the PC without the power supply, it doesn't start at all, as any battery is pugged in.

I tried several solutions I read and found on the forum (remove/add the Microsoft ACPI, turn off the PC and remove the battery, update the BIOS, etc.) but none of these succeded.

The BIOS says that the battery is plugged in, but there is a "communication error" so that the status of the battery cannot be identified, whilst the power supply is correctly identified (it reports "90W"). The ePSA diagnosis ends up with an "ePSA 4300-19 - Alert" that says: "Battery - The battery is not installed" and "Error code: 2000-0131".

Honestly I'm running out of ideas other than send the PC to the assistance: that means tens of days of inactivity...

Regards,

Vincenzo Suraci

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 22nd, 2017 17:00

:emotion-2:

It appears the battery has failed and needs to be replace with a new Dell genuine battery.

Dell Official Site: Laptop Battery FAQ | Dell

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 22nd, 2017 18:00

After you power on system, quickly start tapping the F2 key continuously to get into the BIOS setup. In the BIOS, I suggest you Reset the BIOS to Default Values. Hopefully the battery problem is fix now.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Just to be sure, I suggest you drain the residual power of your computer and re-calibrate the battery by following the steps below:

1. Power off system. Remove all the external peripherals (printers, scanners or any other USB device) connected to your computer.

2. Remove AC adapter and battery. Press the 'Power On' button for about 20 seconds to release residual power.

3. Keep the battery out for at least 4 - 8 hours and then insert the battery and charge it overnight with the system powered off.

4. Replace battery and AC adaptor, and then power on system.

No Events found!