Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 18th, 2009 13:00

Latitude E5500 sleep mode issues

I purchased a Latitude E5500 6 months, and recently started installing the driver updates from the Dell website around the beginning of August, in addition to the Windows Updates.  Since then, I have been having issues with the computer not waking up from sleep mode.  The screen does not come on, but the power light is lit.  I've had to do a reboot and enter safe mode, and then restart... and it takes a very long time to get to the login screen...

I have chatted online with Dell support, and it was advised that I run the diagnostics tool (shut down, Fn key + power button).  I've received these errors, thus far:

Error Code: 5300:0D2B
Msg: VIDEO - Max brightness X=0

Error Code: 0F00:133C
Msg: DISK - No suitable disk media is present

Error Code: 0F00:075D
Msg: DISK - DST self test Read error

Error Code: 0F00:0232
Msg: DISK - Block 61011584: IRQ did not set in time

Error Code: 0F00:0232
Msg: DISK - Block 61011712: IRQ did not set in time

I had to abort the diagnostic tool after the DISK errors because it locked up with the status bar stuck at 19% for more than an hour.  I was unable to complete the diagnostic.

In the meantime, I emailed these errors to Dell.  They have advised me to have the display drivers removed and reinstalled with the latest ones.  Not a problem.  As far as the others, was told to do a system restore to the earliest date, and update the BIOS.  The BIOS had already been updated previously.  And now have done a system restore.

And I am still having the same issues.  I'm not sure what else I can do, but I would really appreciate some advice here.

Thanks,

C.

No Responses!
No Events found!