Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

August 2nd, 2016 22:00

Latitude E5540 screen flickers then fades to greysih white and goes blank

I have a refurbished Latitiude E5540 that recently went out of warranty. While using it last night, my screen began flickering, the colors changed, the text looked blurry and multi-colored (almost like double vision) and the screen faded to a greyish white and became blank. I turned it off,tried to log back in but the screen was still a greyish white.  This was the first timme anything like this has happened.

To get it working normally again I  had to unplug the power source,remove the battery and press the on/off button to discharge the laptop. When i installed the battery and plugged in the power source I was able to log in normally and use it without incident for a while but the same issue happened again and I have to go through the same process to get it working again.  

Since last night, every time I use it the same problem happens.

Can anybody help or provide me with assistance with this issue

August 3rd, 2016 22:00

Hi Zuto

Thanks for writing to us. 

Have you tried on an external monitor. Do the symptoms show up on the external display?

If you swing the screen back and forth does it makes any difference ??

Please run the LCD test by shutting down the system,now hold the letter D and then power on the system, after 5 seconds let go the letter D and if the screen is working fine then it should flash solid bright colours. Let us know how it goes.

Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message

Regards

August 4th, 2016 23:00

Hi , We are awaiting your response.

No Events found!