Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

April 20th, 2011 09:00

Latitude E6320 Fingerprint Reader

Hi.

Today we got a brand new E6320 Laptop, we installed our standard windows 7 image which we updated before with all the latest drivers for the new laptop model.

Now we want to use also the fingerprint reader, which software do i have to install to login to windows with fingerprint?

All drivers are installed, it's not showing any errors, but how do i get this fingerprint reader working, does anybody know ?

Thanks in advance.

May 30th, 2011 14:00

Hello all,

I'm in exactly the same spot.  I did a clean Win7 install when I got my E6320 and have everything working except the fingerprint software.  I believe I have downloaded every possible driver and software package off of the support site, but there still does not seem to be any software to use the fingerprint reader.  Any help would be appreciated.

May 30th, 2011 20:00

Solved the problem.  

- I used the ResourceCD instead of the downloaded software.

- I did a Repair on the three Dell Data Protection | Access packages.

- Once the system restarted I had the Dell -> Access program on my system and could setup my fingerprint.

4 Posts

June 6th, 2011 01:00

Dell Support recommended to install these drivers in the following order, propably the drivers are also on the Resource CD:

Dell System Software: ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/utility/Dell_System-Software_A03_R282538.exe

Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/chipset/Intel_Chipset-Software-Insta_A02_R293337.exe

Dell Data Protection | Access -- Middleware Package ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/DellDataProtection/Dell_Data-Protection---Acces_A00_R288905.exe

Dell Data Protection | Access -- Driver Package ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/DellDataProtection/Dell_Data-Protection---Acces_A00_R288910.exe 

No Events found!