Sofu
3 Zinc

Re: Latitude E6400 Graphic Card Geeforce Quadro NVS 160M Driver Issues

Now I understand that your installation of Windows Vista 64-bit, before trying to install the video driver, is not stable. I believe your Windows Vista 64-bit installation disk includes SP1. There was an issue with some hardware configurations when installing Windows Vista 64-bit, without SP1, that could be worked around by having only 2GB of RAM during installation and fitting the additional RAM after a successful installation of Vista. This issue did not arise in your case since you have SP1 included. However you might like to try a clean install of Windows Vista 64-bit with only 2GB of RAM and check for stability. If stable, check again after adding more RAM.
John

My Dell system

Inspiron 1520 purchased 5 Feb 2008
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7250:2.0Ghz, 2MB cache, 800MHz FSB
4GB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB dedicated graphics memory
0 Kudos
Bedo02
1 Copper

Yes, the DVD is including SP1.

Ok. I´ll will try to remove 2 Gb Ram, than to reinstall the windows, check the stability and then I´ll build in the RAM and will try to install the graphic card.  

I hope this workarround will work. 

Thank you so far, I´ll let you know if it worked. 

0 Kudos
Bedo02
1 Copper

So I was yesterday experimenting with my laptop.

I pulled out 2Gb Ram, reinstalled windows - Result : the system was again unstable, in fact the first message i´ve got was "windows explorer has stopped working" :P It´s just funny... 

...so I´ve installed the chipset and then the graphic card and I´ve got the same bluescreen...

As it is a new Vista, I  finally decided to give up and to return the Vista 64bit at the store and I will install the 32bit Vista which came with this notebook. 

anyway big Thanks for everything!

0 Kudos
Sofu
3 Zinc

Hope all goes well with your Vista 32-bit reinstall. I wonder whether the Windows Vista 64-bit disk is defective in some waySmiley Surprised
John

My Dell system

Inspiron 1520 purchased 5 Feb 2008
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7250:2.0Ghz, 2MB cache, 800MHz FSB
4GB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB dedicated graphics memory
0 Kudos
Highlighted
rcepek
1 Copper

Hello All -

I hope that this post will help out some others.  After seeing this issue in many other forums regarding Vista 64Bit and more then 4GB of ram installed and getting the BSOD (03b) error.  I wanted to resolve this issue, which I did.  I have only test it one laptop at the moment. E6500 with 8GB of Ram running Vista 64Bit SP1.  Here is the steps I did to resolve this issue.  First do NOT install Vista with a SlipStremaed SP1 installed.  I believe this is where the issue stem from.  WHat I did was install Vista (No Service Pack) after installing it I installed the Intel Chipset Software directly from Intel, not Dell and before rebooting installed the Intel Matrix Storage Manager Drive directly from Intel's site.  After that then I rebooted the system. Then installed the Stock Dell nVidia Driver (A01).  Rebooted, tada the machine booted with no BSOD.  After that I then applied SP1 to the machine.  again the machine boots no issues. I wish I knew why Vista with SP1 slipstreamed (Technet Version)  was causing the machine to BSOD.  if anyone could have ideas as to whay this happens I think we all would love to know.

Robert M. Cepek

Latitude E6500, 320GB 7200RM, 8GB Ram - Running Vista 64bit SP1

0 Kudos