Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

December 5th, 2008 18:00

Latitude E6400 cheap plastic issue

Hello,

I have recently purchased the Dell Latitude E6400, a fine machine I must say.

However, this machine has 1 BIG issue, the interior plastic (screen frame and palm rest) is easy to scratch. In the sense that I can't scratch it normally, but having the screen lid close, the pads will perform permanent marks on the screen frame, and the palm rest and screen frame edges get smooth (losses it's texture). To top thing over this smoothness also appears on the top right of the screen frame due to the laptop stickers. I am on my 4th Latitude E6400, keeping replacing the machine for this.

Laptop marks appear after the first week of usage. Please note that I always keep my laptop very clean, including my hands. After 2 weeks, the machine look 1 year old. :(

After analyzing this issue deeply I think I know the solution. Dell need to increase the height of the 2 pads just a tad and have the hook for the screen a little bit longer (so that it closes).

I thought I fell into a faulty system, but I pass trough 4 of them with Dell Canada. Ppor Dell I think I am teh reaosn why their stock got down ;) Anyone else has this issue? How do you cope with it? Does Dell has a solution?

4 Posts

December 9th, 2008 13:00

My E6400 does not have the same issues. Mine is a month old with no issues yet.

Actually, I find the top more suceptible to scratches and wear.

1 Rookie

• 

15 Posts

June 18th, 2009 21:00

hi,

i got the EXACT same problem, and it is drivin me crazy. i dont know how to clean those marks (and if its possible). and im very careful whit my equipment. before this machine i got a sony vaio tr3ap2, very beautiful machine, and after a 5 years of use, i think it looks newer than my dell latitide e6400 that only have 5 months of use. never got this problem with another laptop.

if anyone find a solution for this, please post it. thank you.

No Events found!