Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2011 03:00

Latitude E6400 "Pro Support" - rubber feet and wireless switch issue

Hello All,

I live in Russia and I own a Dell E6400 laptop (service tag < ADMIN NOTE : Service tag removed per privacy policy >) for a few years already. The laptop has a valid Pro Support subscription and it was working great all the time, until now.

There are two issues that I wanted to fix via Pro Support recently:

1. About a year ago my laptop started to lose rubber feet. It progressed over time, and recently the last one fell off.

2. I also noticed that the wireless switch has bad contact sometimes. I rarely switch it off, but sometimes just a light touch makes the wireless interfaces shut down (very annoying if connected to network via Wi-Fi, or talking to somebody via Bluetooth headset!).

So I contacted Pro Support in Russia regarding these two issues, and I was told by a person on the phone to provide photos, so that he could send it to Dell for analysis. I need to say that my laptop was treated very carefully all this time - no cracks, no major scratches of any kind. So I made photos and sent them to e-mail of the person I was talking to. Next day he called me and said that my issues cannot be fixed under Pro Support. He couldn't explain the reason for such an answer and suggested to send an e-mail to his manager. I did so - but that person did not respond to me at all (although the e-mail was read, according to the e-mail report).

I did not get meaningful response from the local Pro Support team responsible for Russia, so I would be happy if I could reach someone through the forum.

Could you please help me to escalate this issue further?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 2nd, 2011 07:00

3 Posts

December 2nd, 2011 07:00

Thanks for the link!

Unfortunately local Dell Support did not provide me with a case number - and a dummy number in that field is not accepted either. I will try to find it out and will then use the online form. Thanks again!

3 Posts

December 5th, 2011 05:00

I filled the form in, and got an automated response to my e-mail:

"Thank you for contacting Dell Technical Support. As we continue to focus on improving the services we offer our customers we have made some changes to our eSupport offerings. Please note, that this support mailbox is no longer in use and your message will not be responded too.

Please visit www.dell.com/contactdell where you will find current support channels you can contact us by."

And the "contactdell" page lists only two telephone numbers for Russia, both of them are answered by the same people (I checked!) and I cannot get a feasible answer regarding my case from them.

Any other ideas how I could get my issue escalated?  

I can "spam" other countries on the "contactdell" page, but I'd prefer to get a proper escalation path...

No Events found!