Highlighted
fedupwithdell
1 Copper

Latitude E6410 - BSOD when closing\opening lid, docking, external video output

I work for a large company and they have purchased a large amount of Latitude E6410 laptops.

intel i5 core

3gb of ram

Intel graphics media HD

We are running xp on these and get the following problem.

1 - When the laptop is on and you close or open the lid, the laptop blue screens and restarts

2 - When the laptop is docked and on and you undock, the laptop blue screens and restarts.

3 - When using an external source with the vga port, the laptop blue screens and restarts.

I have tried the following - reinstalling the graphic drivers, disabling bluetooth from bios, changing power settings to not stand by when closing lid, reinstalling windows, using different cables and docking stations.

Also to note these laptops were brand new out of the box & when the BSOD appears It reboots too quickly to read the stop error.

If anyone can advise that would be great?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
7- Thorium

Re: Latitude E6410 - BSOD when closing\opening lid, docking, external video output

What does the event log say?

Which version of "DOCK" drivers were installed BEFORE attachment of the dock?

What OS?

What service pack?

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
fedupwithdell
1 Copper

Re: Latitude E6410 - BSOD when closing\opening lid, docking, external video output

OS is XP SP3 & latest security windows updates - no driver updates

There was no driver disk with the docking station, nothing comes up in device manager & the only leaflet in the box is a setup guide. so i am not sure how to check what version the docking station driver it is?

As for event log :

source - system error

category - (102)

type - error

Event ID - 1003

description - error code 1000007f, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 ba338d70, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000

only other software installed is McAfee 8.5.0i, Blackberry desktop manager ver 6, Lotus notes version 8.5.2FP2, and adobe reader x

0 Kudos