Highlighted
tnevets_10
1 Copper

Latitude E6410 Win 7 32 bit Drivers are not documented correctly in how to install them in what order (And Which ones).

Recently began recollecting drivers needed for Latitude E6410 Win 7 32 bit fresh build, and found some descrepancies. 1 "How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order" (Dated 8-14-2006) on the Latitude E6410 driver page states that for number 8 the Dell ControlPoint software Says it is located in "Applications" when itis in fact under Dell ControlPoint. It Suggests installing the following:

Control Point  System Manger

Control Point Security Manager

Control Point Connection Manager

But in fact the only 2 availble are ControlPoint System Manager and ControlVault (A little confusing). Also, under System Utilities is the PDF E-Family How-To Reimage Guide Which is marked urgent and I use for recreating images. It states that the Driver that has to beinstalled (Prerequisite to other DCP ) is Dell Control Point Security Driver Pack. Which is no where to be found. I heard toady from "Ronnie" at Dell Tech services via phone that I should use Dell Data Protection (Instead of Dell ControlPoint) but can find nothing on the correct order or how and when to install it.

Is there anyway to get an updated Latitude E6410 Win 7 32bit Correct order (And which ones) Driver install list? Please.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Reply
derei
1 Nickel

RE: Latitude E6410 Win 7 32 bit Drivers are not documented correctly in how to install them in what order (And Which ones).

I have the same problem... everything is confusing about E6410 and nobody seems to care. From some reason, bluetooth and fingerprint scanner don't function properly (and is driver issue). I managed to make them work by accident, but not at the same time and I have no idea what I did. I was just trying drivers.

Please somebody give an answer about correct installation of E6410 (x86 and x64)

0 Kudos