Copper

Latitude E6420, U2715H, not recognized for driver installation

The 20 digit alpha-numeric monitor serial number? CN-0GH85D-64180-62Q-00FL
Computer model: Dell Latitude E6420

Operating system? Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Video card: Intel HD 3000
Video card driver version: 9.17.10.4229
Out ports available on the video card: Using the dock so have 2xDVI & 2xDP
Out port  using from the video card to what video in port on the monitor: DP->mDP 
Cable used to attach the video card to the monitor: The included cable from the box
When I press the OSD it displays: Resolution: 640x480, 60Hz - Maximum: 2560x1440, 60Hz
It was purchased from a Swedish reseller

There seems to be a problem with the recognition of the display by the computer, the maximum resolution I can choose for it is 640x480.

If I look in the device manager it is listed as: "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" and in the HD graphics setting as "Digital Display MS_0001".  When I try to run Dell Display Manager I get the message "This program requires a supported Dell monitor and connection, and compatible display driver." If I run the Monitor Drivers installation from the included CD screen I get this message: 

The following connected monitor have been detected:
Def Plug and Play Monitor - Default_Monitor

Drivers for the following monitors have been found:
DELL U2715H(HDMI1) - DELD067
DELL U2715H(HDMI2) - DELD069
DELL U2715H(DisplayPort) - DELD065
DELL U2715H(miniDisplayPort) - DELD066

Drivers for the following connected monitor can be installed:
None

Please connect your monitor before running this program.

I've tried to manually install the driver from the CD via the Device Manager but nothing happens.

I've run the installation for Intel HD drivers and I'm using the latest.

Before this monitor I've had a dual monitor setup with 2 monitors via DVI and that has always worked fine. Not sure what more to try. I tried to do the hard reset mentioned in: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19543490 

0 Kudos