Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 26th, 2012 23:00

Latitude E6420: can't get XP wireless driver to work!

Hello everyone,

I just installed Windows XP Professional 32-bit on my new-ish Latitude E6420. Now I can't seem to get the driver for Broadcom's so-called half minicard wireless adapter to work. I installed and reinstalled it several times, but with no success so far. Right now I can only get the machine online through a mobile phone directly tethered through USB. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance,

Shady

4.4K Posts

October 27th, 2012 07:00

Hi  Shady,

Welcome to the Community,

Did you try the latest driver released on 10/26/2012? If your system has Dell Wireless WLAN 1530 Half MiniCard try this latest driver from this link below :

www.dell.com/.../latitude-e6420

If you're not able to install the above driver post a screen shot of Device Manager(expand Network adapters) and also mention the error message you get while trying to install the driver.

Thank You

20 Posts

October 27th, 2012 08:00

Hello Roshan,

That's the one (A03) that wouldn't work. It would install, and I wouldn't get any error messages, but the adapter itself would just fail to start. I'll tell you what worked, though: I installed the earliest driver (A01; 14/3/2011) and that one worked. I haven't tried the next one (A02) yet, but I'm going to keep on running it as is for now - at least until I'm done setting up the rest of the system. Thanks.

Shady

4.4K Posts

October 30th, 2012 02:00

Hi Shady,

Glad to know you got working with the older version.Please free to post back if you need any help.

2 Posts

November 28th, 2012 21:00

Hi

i have issue in my wireless network driver Dell Latitude E6420 i cant find the driver and i test all driver in my windows xp any one can help me

2 Posts

November 28th, 2012 21:00

4.4K Posts

November 29th, 2012 02:00

Hi  Hunty2002,

Welcome to the Community,

May I know which wireless card is installed on your system.

If you're not sure feel free to private message me your system service tag number.To private message click on my user name and click start conversation.

I will check your system configuration and help you find the correct driver.

Thank You

3.8K Posts

May 21st, 2013 07:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                                        

No Events found!