Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

November 17th, 2017 10:00

Latitude E6430 Black Screen

Hello all, 

My Latitude E6430 has gone black screen and I'm looking for some suggestions. 

On Boot the Dell Logo flashes and some startup text is seen but it is distorted. Once windows begins to boot some blue static fizziles on screen then black. Here is a link to a vid of it starting up. It's plugged into HDMI but same if not... photos.app.goo.gl/wh61UccW7o7HnKVz2_ 

HDMI out works and I can use windows normally on a secondary monitor. (I'm assuming d-sub also works but have not been able to test) 

My System is set up to boot from usb first if available. If I plug my usb Ubuntu in and boot the same thing happens. In addition to seeing the Dell logo and some startup info I am also able to see some of the ubuntu boot text scroll by, again slightly distorted. Once Ubuntu takes over the screen is black. I am able to use it normally on a secondary monitor, HDMI. 

I tested the LCD by holding 'D' and powering on (battery out and plugged in) The screen cycled through all the colors without issue. 

I attempted to boot to bios by continuously pressing F2 after power on. after the dell logo and some text the screen goes black. I assume I made it into bios since if I press esc the system reboots. 

I attempted the diagnostic by holding Fn and powering on. Again the screen goes black after the Dell logo and some text. I get a lot of very nice beeping. Different tones and melodies. It seems to start repeating and I power off after a few minutes. Since the screen is black I see not error codes. 

I should mention that the back light appears to be on and working but no data is getting to the screen after a certain level of hardware takes over.

The system has been working fine up until this morning when I woke it out of sleep mode and had a black screen. 

Thank you for any suggestions,

Ron

9.4K Posts

November 20th, 2017 05:00

Hi RonaldTHahn,

Thanks for posting.Apologies that your E6430 is not performing as expected.  If you haven't done so already, please run support assist and make a note of any errors encountered.  

Here is some information from the Dell knowledgebase that may be helpful:  http://dell.to/2zSn0dM

No Events found!