Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2017 11:00

Latitude E6430 ...a little help from Italy ...

Hello to all. I'm Max and I'm writing to you from Sanremo (Ligury - ITALY).

I've just bought a Latitude E6430 used, which was installed Windows 10 PRO (v.1709)

Configuration: 8Gb RAM - Intel Graphics 4000 - Intel quadcore i5 (2,70Ghz) - HDD 320Gb

I cannot configure the three keys below the space bar and (even) the fingerprint sensor.

This laptop it was originally purchased in France.
Best wishes, I'm in stand by for your kind answers.

P.S.: Excuse me ...for my not perfect English!

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 2nd, 2017 16:00

Sounds like they may not have installed the Windows 10 drivers after they installed Windows 10.

go to http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-e6430/drivers

and download the Windows 10 drivers.

Install the Intel Chipset Device Software driver and then the other chipset drivers, and then the video, network, wireless, touchpad drivers.

Good luck

33 Posts

December 3rd, 2017 02:00

Many thanks ieee488 for your answer, but I've already installed the right drivers for Windows 10 ...exactly from the link that you've suggested me.

I'll tell you more ... I've also installed the Support Assist and Dell Command Update tools,  who haven't detected any updates to be made (concerning the drivers).

In my "device management", there are two hardware that (I believe) interested the fingerprint sensor:

-  Dell ControlVault w/Fingerprint Swipe Sensor (jumped out after the update drivers' mentioned above);

- ControlVault w/Fingerprint Swipe Sensor (pre-existent - by Broadcom).

Well ...if I go to the "Properties" folder of that both devices > update drive r> events > appears this words ..."the device requires an additional installation"(?!).

P.S.:I've also cleaned the TPM from previous password/fingerprint/stored data inside it ...but I not having the installation Dell's disk ...I do not know how to reinstall the software that manages the fingerprint sensor ... the same think for the three keys (dead!) positioned just below the space bar!

Can you write me a reply with other indications?

Best regards, Max ;-)

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 3rd, 2017 07:00

Dell OS disc is not going to help you with your problem since the OS is just Windows.

It doesn't contain Dell drivers.

Three keys below the space bar????

Do you mean the touchpad????  There are no keys below the space bar.

Fingerprint sensor. Read:  http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19666622

33 Posts

December 3rd, 2017 08:00

Yes ieee488 ...my Dell's keyboard (coming from France) is like this one of this link:

i.ebayimg.com/.../s-l1600.jpg

(photo web)

You can see threekeys below the spacebar ...but in my case they don't work and I don't even know what they're for(!).

Now I look at the link or discussion you've made me ... I'll let you know about it, thanks, Max ;-)

33 Posts

I've already installed the firmware and link driver ...!

n.d.r.

I've posted a previous answer, in which there was a link of a keyboard photo's (web) like mine ... with the three keys under the space bar ... but my answer has to be in progress approval from the forum moderator maybe ...

33 Posts

Ok ...I reply the keyboard's link photo:

i.ebayimg.com/.../s-l1600.jpg

Three keys below the spacebar ...that in my laptop are unusable, like the phantom reader fingerprints ...sigh!!

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 3rd, 2017 09:00

You say you installed the drivers in the correct order.

Nothing else to do.

33 Posts

December 3rd, 2017 09:00

Excuse me ...for a duplicate reply :emotion-10:

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 3rd, 2017 10:00

I wrote that you need to install drivers in proper order.

It could be that the drivers don't work. 

33 Posts

I did not start from a "clean installation" of Windows 10 PRO ... but I've updated all drivers from the same Dell's link that you'd kindly reported ... so if it ther's nothing to do, both to enable the three keys & the fingerprint reader ... patience ... I will leave everything as it is ...but ...it's a real shame though(!)

Many thanks again, Max

33 Posts

Ok ... but now I can't afford to perform a clean reinstallation of the S.O., even if the seller has sent me an OEM Product Key for Windows 10 PRO.

As soon as possible, I will see to transfer the data to another HDD > make a clean copy of Windows 10 PRO on a USB key > reinstall all :emotion-7:.

Thanks again ... I've also thought that the operation of the reader fingerprints should be connect to a specific card :emotion-18:

No Events found!