Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 4th, 2015 22:00

Latitude E6440 display blink when connect to external monitor via hdmi to VGA converter

Hi Dell Community,

Please help me to diagnose what is wrong with my new laptop.

My Laptop is Dell Latitude E6440 but every time i connect external monitor to my laptop HDMI port via HDMI to VGA converter, the external monitor always blink randomly every couple of seconds. This HDMI to VGA converter is working fine when i used it to other laptop.

Currently i still don't have chance to try my laptop HDMI port to connect directly to HDMI monitor because i don't have it.

Are there anybody have the same problem with me? thanks for your help.

2 Posts

December 31st, 2015 01:00

Dell 6440: Bios A13, Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, AMD Radeon HD 8690M.

This solutions can'l solve problem in a general case.

Change charge mode and in this work day - all ok. OFF notebook and in a few hours later ON it for work - and HDMI connection with problems again.

Some test cases:

Primarily AC Use: problem

Custom mode: 50% start ...90% stop charge (~70% charged level) - problem

Express mode: problem

Some correlation from time after ON:

~ 1....15 min - often (up 3..5 mins between re-connection HDMI)

~ 15.....30 min - rare (up to 10 mins between re-connections)

In charging state (while charge lelev less than 100% ) - no problem, after 100% - again problem

3 Posts

June 11th, 2016 21:00

I have the exact same issues with my E6440 and the HDMI port!  Dell has not fixed nor acknowledged this issue. Very disappointing.

15 Posts

January 2nd, 2017 01:00

Hi folks, try to replace "Express Charge" to "Standard Charge".

PS. Primarily AC doesn't help.

1 Message

February 27th, 2017 04:00

Has anyone found a solution to this that works?

I've tried everything in this thread, and so far nothing has solved the issue.

Can Dell support please summarise the current state of affairs with this, and if there is currently no known solution, please confirm this?

Any fix would be much appreciated, though I guess it's a hardware issue that would require a new motherboard or similar.

No Events found!