mattfox
1 Copper

RE: Latitude E6440 display blink when connect to external monitor via hdmi to VGA converter

Jump to solution

To add to this, another interim solution is to remove the battery from the laptop if you can leave the laptop plugged in all the time.  I wish Dell would figure this out.  I manage 14 of these machines.  

0 Kudos
rvillafu
1 Copper

RE: Latitude E6440 display blink when connect to external monitor via hdmi to VGA converter

Jump to solution

Gentlemen, any news on the subject?...  Is DELL pursuing this annoying and nasty issue?...

I have to constantly unplug and plug the power into the laptop to avoid flickering issues with an HDMI monitor.  Is there some sort of utility to limit the battery from charging to a 100%?...  I mean, if the battery stayed at 98% charge, the problem would be solved...

Anyone there listening?...

0 Kudos
rvillafu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Think I Got It...

Download from DELL the DELL Command Power Manager.  Run. Under Battery Information > Settings, chose Primarily AC Use...

And the battery never charges fully, so you never see 100% and the flickering stops 🙂

0 Kudos
MPSMary
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This is my Power Management screen but I am confused as to what I am setting

0 Kudos
Sv K
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dell 6440: Bios A13, Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, AMD Radeon HD 8690M.

This solutions can'l solve problem in a general case.

Change charge mode and in this work day - all ok. OFF notebook and in a few hours later ON it for work - and HDMI connection with problems again.

Some test cases:

Primarily AC Use: problem

Custom mode: 50% start ...90% stop charge (~70% charged level) - problem

Express mode: problem

Some correlation from time after ON:

~ 1....15 min - often (up 3..5 mins between re-connection HDMI)

~ 15.....30 min - rare (up to 10 mins between re-connections)

In charging state (while charge lelev less than 100% ) - no problem, after 100% - again problem

0 Kudos
Sv K
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dell 6440:

• Bios A13,
  • Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600,
  • AMD Radeon HD 8690M.

This solutions can'l solve problem in a general case.

Change charge mode and in this work day - all ok. OFF notebook and in a few hours later ON it for work - and HDMI connection with problems again.

Some test cases:

• Primarily AC Use: problem
  • Custom mode: 50% start ...90% stop charge (~70% charged level) - problem
  • Express mode: problem

Some correlation from time after ON:

• ~ 1....15 min - often (up 3..5 mins between re-connection HDMI)
  • ~ 15.....30 min - rare (up to 10 mins between re-connections)
  • In charging state (while charge lelev less than 100% ) - no problem, after 100% - again problem
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
emdok33
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issues with my E6440 and the HDMI port!  Dell has not fixed nor acknowledged this issue. Very disappointing.

0 Kudos
emdok33
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dell is currently manufacturing main board replacements to fix this issue. They will be available at the end of July. Please make sure you have a current support subscription and contact support to be eligible for the replacement. 

livelace
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi folks, try to replace "Express Charge" to "Standard Charge".

PS. Primarily AC doesn't help.

0 Kudos
DavidMc0
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Has anyone found a solution to this that works?

I've tried everything in this thread, and so far nothing has solved the issue.

Can Dell support please summarise the current state of affairs with this, and if there is currently no known solution, please confirm this?

Any fix would be much appreciated, though I guess it's a hardware issue that would require a new motherboard or similar.

0 Kudos