Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 1st, 2015 05:00

Latitude E6510 - How do I manually access the Dell System Recovery partition?

Latitude E6510 - How do I manually access the Dell System Recovery partition?

Hello All,

My Dell Latitude E6510 came with OEM Win 7 Pro x64 installed. I am trying to conduct a system restore to the factory setting.

I have tried accessing the Advanced Boot Options to no avail and pressing F12 during the boot up process does not provide me with the option to repair and select the recovery partition as if it is invisible. If I do use Computer Management > Storage I do see the hidden partition or if I do Diskpart it is listed.

How do I make the BIOS or system recognize it to boot up from the Recovery partition? Thanks in advance.

14 Posts

August 11th, 2015 00:00

Thanks for your reply but it doesn't appear the solution you provided helped and I think you are incorrect since my original screenshot allowed me to see the hidden partition but I just didn't know how to get access to it.

I got access once I used the 'diskpart' application with commands like 'list drives', 'list volumes', and 'assign volumes' to access the partition's content.

Regardless, I found that my recovery media was missing or corrupted.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 1st, 2015 06:00

You'll need a bootable WIndows DVD or flash drive -- then:

< >

(works for both VIsta and 7 but not Windows 8).

August 1st, 2015 10:00

Hi, 

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

The factory image is a hidden partition and will not be visible in the disk management. Please follow the instructions from the link below to take the computer back to factory settings:

http://dell.to/1sU6QJ3 

Please note that the factory image would not exist if the hard drive is replaced or formatted.  

14 Posts

August 11th, 2015 00:00

Thanks, I obtained a Windows 7 Recovery disk and attempt to restore the system but apparently the partition has been corrupted or did not have the media properly saved.

No Events found!