Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 05-22-2016 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Latitude E6510 Memory Card Reader Not Working

On my Latitude E6510, the SD card reader isn't working at all. It isn't listed in the Device Manager or in any of the hardware properties. After reading some posts, I believe my motherboard chipset driver may be malfunctioning or inadequate.

I've read where some users had it working in an original configuration , but when they upgraded the chipset driver, it stopped working.

I can plug my USB Card Reader into the Latitude E6510 and it reads cards just fine.

I'd love to fix this so I can use the card reader out on the road.

Anyone know where to get a working Chipset Driver for the Latitude E6510?

Replies (6)

Hi Ramjetski,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS and card reader driver in sequence for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section and then download the card reader driver from chipset section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

If you are not able to determine the driver then please reply with the operating system installed on the computer so that I can check and provide you the driver.

Please let me know if this helps.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Ravi,

I updated the BIOS, installed the chipset drivers and finally installed the Ricoh memory card reader driver. It didn't help. Still no hardware installed and the memory card reader doesn't even appear anywhere.
  Any ideas people?
  Thanks for looking and good luck at the forums!

Hi Ramjetski,

I would suggest you to run the test on Card Reader on the system.

1.       Open the link http://dell.to/14YjKb2

2.       Select ‘Hardware’ under ‘Advanced’ tab.

3.       Select ‘Card Reader’.

4.       Click on ‘Run Diagnostics’ button.

5.       Let me know if the result

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Ravi,
  I ran the advanced Card Reader Diagnostics.
It says the hardware is not present or not installed.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I have the same problem. Have you resolved the issue? If you did will you please share how you fixed the card reader problem?

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor