Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 9th, 2015 08:00

Latitude E6510 display not working. White screen with lines

I was working on my Dell Latitude E6510 normally and after I finished I shut it down. I go to the city for about 2 hours and when I came home I press the power button and suddenly the screen is white with some stripes on the side. Tried to power it up few times, nothing. Reconnect AC, battery, RAM, HDD, peripherals, still nothing.

DisplayPort output works without any problem.

VGA output works without any problem.

You can see the photos and the link to video on YouTube of this problem.

Any help or advice? Would be very grateful. Thank You.

YouTube - Dell Latitude E6510 Display Not Working, Lines, Stripes, White

17 Posts

February 5th, 2015 14:00

Hope this helps. I have a Latitude E5410 that I bought knowing that the LCD had a white screen or whiteout or high contrast issue. I verified that moving the entire display panel or warping it slightly could cause the whiteout to disappear, leaving me with a normal display. But I had to "hold my mouth just right" OR I could lose the visibility and have the whiteout reappear. I did troubleshooting starting at the LCD cable connection to the motherboard. I removed the LED/hinge cover and the keyboard screws. I started the computer and put into Setup (BIOS). After I had screen contents, I removed the keyboard and wiggled the LCD cable connector. It was seated well. I replaced the keyboard and removed the front display bezel. I wiggled the display cable DC7TY at the little LED board but that did nothing. I turned off the computer.

I unscrewed the 6 screws holding the LCD panel and hinge supports to the display top cover, exposing the back of the display panel itself. On the right side, low on the panel, I peeled back the 1/4 x 3/8 adhesive on the clear plastic covering the panel circuit board, exposing the flex cable  going to the backlights. I flipped the little brown lever that held the flex cable connected into the socket connector, pulled out the cable, moved it in and out several times to repeat it, then flipped the lever to hold it. With the LCD panel in this exposed fashion, I started the computer and entered Setup. SUCCESS!!  No amount of wiggling or warping brought back the whiteout. I buttoned up the computer and came here to report successful findings.

Your Dell may be different but you can report whether your symptoms or findings are different and HOW EXACTLY you became successful. Cheers!

511 Posts

January 11th, 2015 09:00

If all the external outputs work, It may be a defective LCD or cable.

3 Posts

December 19th, 2015 08:00

i bought a new lcd, and everything works fine now

No Events found!