Re: Latitude E6520 Docking station USB problem

Jump to solution

Hi bremen-pl,

Its great to hear that wireless mouse is working fine now.

I appreciate the time taken by you to share the resolution. I understand that the issue was caused due to Mini PCI usb adapter is not installed on the correct slot.

Please mark the correct post as verified answer so other users can also benefit from it. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

0 Kudos
ChadW
1 Copper

RE: Latitude E6520 Docking station USB problem

Jump to solution

Sandeep, you did not answer why this customer had to install the mini adapter in he first place..   So why is the USB screwing up?  And he is not the only person that has a USB problem.  As users and customers, we buy the equipment and we plug in a mouse or a keyboard.  That's all we do.  if it doesn't work, then Dell is screwing the customer.

0 Kudos
bremen-pl
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I confirm that the problem still exists. My logitec wireless mouse (thats connected to the USB adapter inside via mini pcie) works correctly only when NOT using docking station (any).

Also, When using Docking station, i had to make workaround for my keyboard and Mouse- I had to get the USB->PS2 adapters, because all laptops USB's dont work at the pc startup (for like 1 minute).

This is really flustrating.

0 Kudos
b_saager
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue, which is strange as I have always resolved this E Port Plus replicator issue by installing drivers/updates for the chipset and BIOS. This has worked not only in an enterprise environment but for my home E6520 as well. Could this 'Unsolvable' Issue be from corrupt drivers as stated above? If so, is it a safe practice to uninstall those chipset engines from device manager? I have alot of dynamic libraries that are set up within a specific order, I cannot afford to perform yet another reimage...

0 Kudos