My Latitude E6540 is having problems with the intel mangement engine drivers. The device refuse to work and this is causing my pc to take long to boot up and it is preventing the pc from waking up from sleep.
I have done the following:
1. installed the latest drivers from dell's site and downgrading drivers has no effect
2. tried to upgrade the bios from A15 to A16 but it looks like the bios will install but then it just restarts. downgrading also don't work
3. reset the bios by removing the bios battery and loading defaults in the bios.
4. Re-installing windows with updates and latest drivers.(windows 10 is running on it)
5. disabled/enabled everything in the bios
The laptop worked 100% but suddenly it started giving problems 2 days ago. A work colleague has the exact same laptop with exactly the same configuration and os and he does not have this problem.
Would this be a motherboard problem? can anyone help please
Is this system running Windows 10? I disabled Fast Start-up and also disabled Intel Management Engine Interface in my system to get it to shutdown properly.
Yes it is running windows 10. I have done that, and it can shut down properly.
But it still can't wake from sleep. That is very irritating since I can't just close the lid expect it to go to sleep and wake up when I open the lid.
The laptop is not older than 3 months, it has been working 100% all that time with windows 10.
1. why can't I upgrade/downgrade the bios
2. If there is a problem with a device should I not be able to get support to come to fix it since I do have next business day support. I have a feeling that they will need to replace the motherboard
attached is the error I am getting