Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 26th, 2014 12:00

Latitude E7240 - Dual External Displays Without Dock?

Does anyone know if the Latitude E7240 can support two external displays without a dock? Can you have one plugged in to the mini displayport and one in to HDMI and output just to these displays?

Or is it limited to just the laptop display and one single external display?

Thanks!

3 Apprentice

• 

540 Posts

February 28th, 2014 08:00

Hi ag-asanchez,

The Latitude E7240 uses an Intel HD Graphics 4400 GPU and so can support up to 3 independent displays, not on dock. In order to use both the onboard screen and 2 external displays both the HDMI and MiniDisplayPort will need to be connected to external displays.

With the Intel Driver, 9.18.10.3204, installed and two external displays connected, the following option should enable 3 independent displays.

(from the notification panel)

Intel HD Control Panel >> Output to >> Extended DT (options here for clone or extended)

Intel HD 4400 Graphics Driver

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=183CP

Please see the following Intel guides for more information regarding a multiple display set up for the 4400 GPU.

Intel HD Graphics 4400 - Configuration 3-Displays FAQ

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033714.htm

Thanks,

2 Posts

November 5th, 2014 07:00

What is the maximum resolution it can drive on the external monitor?  I have a 30" Dell at home which is capable of 2500x1600.  Will the chipset drive that monitor by itself or would I need a docking station?

Thanks!

Dave

1 Message

December 17th, 2014 12:00

I successfully connected a monitor and a digital projector to the Dell Latitude E7240 using the HDMI port and the Display Port at the same time. The system recognized the three displays and allowed me to extend my desktop between the three displays. I was also able to customize the displays with their individual resolutions and placement.

May 12th, 2016 09:00

Did you get this working ? and What was the maximum resoluton ? I am considering buying a New monitor and i want to determine if i go QHD or 4K

No Events found!