Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 13th, 2017 07:00

Latitude E7240, HDMI port not putting out signal to monitors

I have two monitors for the past year and have had outputs going to both just fine (both HDMI). This morning, one of them stopped working. It's not even recognizing the monitor when I go to Graphic Options > Output To. Is there any way to see if the HDMI port is simply not working?

4 Posts

October 16th, 2017 08:00

Hi Chris.  I did a ton of clean-up, retried everything and things are back to normal!  Thanks for all your support.  Really appreciate it!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 13th, 2017 08:00

* What operating system?
* What two specific monitor models?
* The Latitude E7240 has the following video out ports = rightside mDP, back HDMI. So how are you connecting two HDMI in monitors at the same time to this laptop?

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

October 13th, 2017 09:00

If you have two displays and they're both HDMI, then the first test would seem to be to move the display currently attached to the working output over to the HDMI output that you suspect isn't working.

4 Posts

October 13th, 2017 09:00

Hi Chris.  You are correct.  rightside mDP is connecting via VGA.  The back is HDMI straight into HDMI.  Both worked until this weekend.  Now the HDMI is not working.  The TV says no input. I've tried unplugging and plugging the wires, to no avail.  

OS is Windows 7

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 14th, 2017 08:00

* Turn the laptop off
* Disconnect every cable from the laptop except the AC power adapter
* Open the lid
* Turn the laptop on
* Once into Windows, restart the operating system
* Turn the TV off
* Disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV HDMI input
* Reconnect the HDMI cable to the TV HDMI input
* Turn the TV on
* Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the laptop HDMI out port
* Use the Display Setting to extend the Windows desktop to the TV. What happens?

4 Posts

October 15th, 2017 11:00

Hi Chris.  That actually worked, but when I went to plug in the other monitor, I got a similar result (meaning now the other monitor isn’t being recognized).  Is this perhaps a memory or disk space issue??  

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 16th, 2017 07:00

Not sure. But it means that the monitor and TV are fine. The fault has to be on the laptop side. Either the drivers or the operating system. I think you need to start by checking and installing the latest versions of the Latitude E7240 Chipset and GPU drivers.

No Events found!