Andy CGN
2 Bronze

RE: Latitude E7440 - Sound not coming through headphones

Jump to solution

Hello,

I can confirm the audio problems with the E7440. I am an IT Pro and I never had such a painfull audio devices like the E7440. I'm running Win 8.1. I do a full test with different installations and audio driver combinations. Allways starting with a complete new installation from scratch. Nothing has solved the problem. If I switch from one youtube video to an other while on headphones often the audio stop. I unplug the headphone, audio works, replugging no audio. Sometimes it helps to close and reopen the browser (ie, firedfox or chrom, it's always the same). Sometimes it helps to stop the video, waiting 30 secondes an restart. The audio jack is really pain. I rember the times when an audio jack work like a mechanical diversion, good old school stuff.

As a workaround I'm using a littel usb audio device from logitec. It's barley bigger than the headphones audio plug and I have not to confirm any annoying dialog like "do you plugin a headphone or a toaster?"

Best regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
patefoniQ
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Confirm, have the same problem, and I really consider change my laptop. I have never had that problems... It;s sick... 😐

0 Kudos
Andy CGN
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I finally solved the problem a couple of weeks ago by completly uninstalling the realtek audio drivers. Inside the device manager right click the realtek driver and choose uninstall. Confirm the following question to delete the driver files permanently from harddisk. After rebooting the are only two "high definition audio-device" driver instances listed beneath "Audi- Video and Gamecontroller". Inside the properties they say

vendor: microsoft
date: 22.08.2013Version: 6.3.9600.16384

It works for me now. Sometimes there is a hard cklicking noise if the soundsystem is initalized but i can accept that.

Good luck
Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
gjozan
Not applicable

Jump to solution

This helped me, I had the same problem with Latitude E6540.

That fixed the headphones, but now the built-in speakers don't work.. 😞

Thanks anyway.

G

It's a shame for Dell to have a problem like this in the 21st century with a high-end laptop..

0 Kudos
MasNas
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hey

I have DELL Latitude E7440 and I used headplugs wiht it few days ago. Since then the built-in speakers do not work. Any advice what could be wrong or is there anything I could try? I have tried pluging the headplugs in and out fast, restart, and the installation trick mentioned here above. 

Hope for help!! 

-M-

0 Kudos
ashgupt
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Team ,

I was seriously disturbed installing the sound and bluetooth drivers from dell support and downloads to make my bluetooth device entry in playback devices( tried with realtek drivers and the drivers provided by microsoft for windows 7). But none worked

Can you suggest me any driver to play bluetooth device using Latitude E7440.

Thanks and Regards

Ashutosh Gupta

Adobe systems

0 Kudos
dshipley
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Come on, Dell.  How many more models are you going to release without fixing this major defect.  I have an E7250 and problem still persists.  Can't connect an external speaker, can't connect a Bluetooth speaker.  Long time Dell proponent, but you're making it hard . . .

0 Kudos
lcoffina
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

It worked! Thanks so much!!!

0 Kudos
lcoffina
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

It worked! Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
nbulkley73
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks so much Jennifer! I was losing it on this one. This fixed my issue!

0 Kudos