chenshotokan
1 Nickel

RE: Latitude E7440 hard drive size? 9MM? 7MM? mSATA?

Jump to solution

does someone know where and how can I buy this part? I have e7440 - and thay put me the msata in place to WWAN... so now I want to add another HD like in the pic - but thay didn't put me the sata controller with it baket and with it cable to the motherboard... I really need this part to connect my 2nd HD... please help me !!!

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

On a system this new, your only source is Dell.  To contact  Dell Spare Parts,

1-800-357-3355

0 Kudos
chenshotokan
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

i'm fro Israel ' left a messenger but thay didn't came back

0 Kudos
MatzeXXX
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I'm from Germany, and I would love to get a hold of the metal frame too. Calling the US number might not lead anywhere for me (and CHENSHOTOKAN)...

0 Kudos
chenshotokan
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

do tou have the HDD connector and cable to the motherboard?

0 Kudos
MatzeXXX
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Yes, everything is there because right now the mSATA minicard is connected here. I intend to place it in the dedicated mSATA port, which frees up the SATA port for a HDD : ) The only thing missing is that flat metal frame ...

0 Kudos
chenshotokan
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

what the execly model of e7440 you have? I have the E7440-7840. it came without all the hdd connectors to the board.. thay put it instead the wwan card... Smiley Sad...I need all thoos parts...  do u have the part namver of thos?

0 Kudos
MatzeXXX
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I'm sorry I don't have the names of those parts. Also where would I find an exact name for the Computer? I thought it's just named E7440 ; )

I looked on Google for the part I'm missing (there is a QR code on the pictures I found online, which I posted in this threat earlier), and there is no info on that part either. Luckily I got the connector and everything else in place.

As to the question if it's PCIe - I truly don't know. How does one find out? I am not too savvy about these things, I realize.

0 Kudos
The_Two
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm currently in contact with the Dell Support because of the missing parts in my Dell E7440 for a 2,5 inch HDD.

My SSD minicard 128 GB is placed in the WWAN slot by factory. To attach a HDD there seems to be missing the cable to connect the HDD and a frame to fix it.

I will report the result.

TheTwo 

0 Kudos
chenshotokan
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

i got connected with dell inisrael.

i'm in the same situation like you "the_two".

i think we need thos parts:

1. HH0YC - sata cable

2. FCN4M - msata cage i think it's olso for the 5mm - but not sure - it expensive alittle but i orderd it just in case... because it will take aproximat 20days to get here...

3. 0WPRM  - i think it's the mettal part above.

i want to add 7mm hdd - i hope it will be ok... if u'll know abput other part or difrent parts pls write me here.

p.s. i also asked to tell dell in israel to reade thos postege and to try to help get the part to who witch can't

0 Kudos