RE: Latitude E7440 hard drive size? 9MM? 7MM? mSATA?

Jump to solution

Apologies, my previous post wasn't that clear. I got another quote as a Spare Part Option for the HH0YC cable - GBP11.51 delivered.

0 Kudos
Peter35
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I just need to say thanks for all the info in this thread, very informative. It's great to see Dell, even if unofficially are supporting a Latitude with dual HDs.
So I've bought one of these, arrives next week! But I did notice one interesting thing in the order:

"No mSATA SSD Bracket"

Sounds like it is no longer standard to get the adapter with the basic build, so I'll be getting one of those cables as well. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
MatzeXXX
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I like this too: thanks to mSATA mini card support one can have two drives in this ultrabook - sweet! Right now I have a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD built in : )

So either you get the WWAN module, that forces Dell to put the SSD in the interposer (which seems to be the same as the mentioned "mSATA SSD Bracket")and supply the SATA cable, or you order the 5mm HDD (which is not very appealing) to get the bracket and the SATA cable... Or you have to get the cable separately (which for some seem to be difficult and/or expensive). These seem to be the options now.

0 Kudos
speculatrix
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

My cable arrived today, I took some photos of it and the QR code on the small bag it came in (before it was packed between foam sheets and then boxed); they're the first three pictures in my Latitude flickr set.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12629882@N05/sets/72157629664618130/

I hope the part numbers and QR code will be useful. Good Luck!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Sent my unit back - I couldn't take to the vague/imprecise touchpad. I had the original palmrest replaced but the new one was the same.

0 Kudos
smez
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Speculatrix,

Many thanks for the info on the cable. Who did you order this from? Do you have a contact number or web address?

0 Kudos
craigc1970
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Any idea where and how I obtain the 0WPRM Bracket? What is the contact email/phone for Dell in the UK or Europe?
0 Kudos
yuchung5
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello...

So does this mean that if I have an unit with WWAN and SSD interposer, I can just take the SSD and plug it into WWAN slot. And then install a HD using the exist mSATA cable?

Thank you

0 Kudos
MatzeXXX
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

You can take the SSD mini card, plug that into the WWAN slot, and then install any 7mm HDD in the SATA slot. That's what I did. Got the Hitachi 1TB drive, and I am very happy with it.

0 Kudos
yuchung5
1 Copper

Jump to solution

You can take the SSD mini card, plug that into the WWAN slot, and then install any 7mm HDD in the SATA slot. That's what I did. Got the Hitachi 1TB drive, and I am very happy with it.

So when you take the mini card to the WWAN, can the system auto recognize it as C drive? Or I need to reinstall OS?

Thank you
0 Kudos