Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 4th, 2014 10:00

Latitude E7440 pre-desktop authentication

Hello,

I am about to buy Latitude E7440 notebook, but first I need to know if pre-desktop authentication is supported. 

To explain, here is the text from Thinkpad users manual:

Using the fingerprint reader

Depending on the model, your computer might have a fingerprint reader. Fingerprint authentication can replace your passwords, such as the Windows password, power-on password, and hard disk password. In this way, you can log on to your computer simply and securely

I specifically need a fingerprint to unlock self encrypting SSD drive, that is to replace power-on password and hard disk password. Then it should seamlessly log into windows. My 6 year old Thinkpad is capable of this, but I can't find any such information on Latitude E7440.

Please help, as I really want to like this notebook :)

3 Posts

March 23rd, 2014 11:00

Hi,

Couldn't find that option in dell DDP software - I was also used to that in my Dell E6400, but seems that E7440 software is missing that option.

However I have read a bit and seems that it should be an option to install embassy suite where this should be possible.

Same issue is discussed here: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19567066.aspx

No Events found!