Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 5th, 2015 18:00

Latitude E7450 touchpad issue

Guys

Does anyone else here have any issues with the E7450's touchpad mouse?

Its just not very good at all. Not very responsive, choppy... very hard to use.

Thanks,

DM

2 Posts

July 6th, 2015 15:00

I already have the most recent driver.  Would uninstalling and re-installing the same one make any difference?

Increase the sensitivity? I don't want to do that since I already have issues with the pointer going places I don't want it to.  For example, it will jump to the top of the page while I'm typing occasionally.

I really can't think of any other troubleshooting steps to take since this is, for me, an OCCASIONALLY annoying issue.  The issue being, out of the blue the Touchpad will not respond or respond with great difficulty.

But now I'm wondering.....how many of you with this issue have Dell Protected Workspace turned on?

15 Posts

July 6th, 2015 16:00

Spoke too soon. The touchpad problem came back again few days ago.

So gave up and attached a mouse.

Its been few days. Few reboots here and there. And tried the touchpad again, and its working fine this time. This issue is pretty inconsistent.

I am on the latest version of Touchpad driver (8.1206.101.115) on WIn7 Ent.

DM

6 Posts

July 6th, 2015 17:00

For me I would just get a USB or a wireless mouse.

15 Posts

July 6th, 2015 19:00

I ended up having to have a Dell tech come in and replace touchpads on 3 of my E7450s in order to fix this issue.  I'm very confident that it's bad hardware

Hi

So you have had no issues since the change in hardware?

Hope DELL has lots of spares... cos we have hundreds of these models to be deployed.

DM

July 6th, 2015 19:00

I ended up having to have a Dell tech come in and replace touchpads on 3 of my E7450s in order to fix this issue.  I'm very confident that it's bad hardware

1.2K Posts

July 7th, 2015 06:00

Hi @Rocking23NF,

Regret the inconvenience caused ! Kindly provide the service tag of the system ,system owners contact details including name and address ( do send them via private message ) so that I can assist with system specifications .

Awaiting your response .

Kindest Regards,

1.2K Posts

July 7th, 2015 10:00

Hi @Rocking23NF, Regret the inconvenience caused ! Kindly provide the service tag of the system ,system owners contact details including name and address ( do send them via private message ) so that I can assist with system specifications . Awaiting your response . Kindest Regards,

1.2K Posts

July 8th, 2015 09:00

Hi @Rocking23NF,

Thank you for the message ,if you need any assistance from us in future send them our way .

Kind Regards ,

July 8th, 2015 09:00

im dealing with my account manager directly and obtaining a replacement and returning this one.

1 Message

July 8th, 2015 17:00

I have attempted the remove, reboot, reinstall and I am still having the same issue. Mine is NOT intermittent. I have deployed over 100 E7440 and have had NO issues. the first 2 E7450's I image both are having the same issue. With respect.. Please try something more than remove\reinstall drivers. It is Hardware because I will ship back all 1000 units I have in my warehouse tomorrow.

I am grumpy that I read this forum and all I see is uninstall reinstall.. there has got to be another solution..

1 Message

July 9th, 2015 12:00

Out of the box, my touchpad on the E7450 freezes, jerks, and is basically unusable; I'm glad i brought my mouse with me on the plane here or the laptop would be a paperweight.  No amount of sensitivity fiddling is yielding results.  Next step is to replace the drivers as suggested.  If that doesn't work, this laptop is being returned. 

15 Posts

July 9th, 2015 16:00

I have attempted the remove, reboot, reinstall and I am still having the same issue. Mine is NOT intermittent. I have deployed over 100 E7440 and have had NO issues. the first 2 E7450's I image both are having the same issue. With respect.. Please try something more than remove\reinstall drivers. It is Hardware because I will ship back all 1000 units I have in my warehouse tomorrow.

I am grumpy that I read this forum and all I see is uninstall reinstall.. there has got to be another solution..

Try replacing the hardware like "Flyersguy172" did.

Waiting for my model to show this symptoms again. If it does, might contact DELL then for hardware replacement.

DM

1.2K Posts

July 10th, 2015 05:00

Hi Dwscraggs,

Regret the inconvenience caused ! May I have the service tag of the system's ( send it via private message ) so that I can check the specifications of the system .

Kind Regards,

Jennifer 

#Iwork4Dell

1 Message

July 14th, 2015 20:00

I have my E7450 for roughly three months now and I'm glad I found this post as my IT department kept telling me they had not heard of this issue from anyone else and I was beginning to think I was imagining things.

As several have described, the trackpad works perfectly sometimes, but particularly when I have been working for some time on the machine, the trackpad initially becomes choppy, while the pointer at mid-keyboard continues to work as well as an external mouse. The theory about this issue being heat related seems plausible.

This was not an inexpensive laptop. It's sad that Dell, which supposedly is known for extraordinary customer service, has not been able to identify or remedy this issue on a model that is hardly new. Deinstalling and reinstalling the drivers does not work. Tried it already. No wonder Dell's market share keeps falling.

4 Posts

July 17th, 2015 14:00

I have the same problem on my brand new E7450. Then it resolves for several minutes or even hours, then comes back. Possibly when using more resources?

No Events found!