shanepowell
1 Copper

RE: Latitude E7450 touchpad issue

So after a few weeks with lots of issues, mine has been working for now for about 2 weeks? Can't really explain this one?

0 Kudos
caswan
1 Copper

Yes, I too have this issue.  The Touchpad will be just fine for days or weeks and then, out of the blue, the touchpad will not respond and the arrow will not move, or it moves with great difficulty.  However, if I attach an external mouse at this point, all will work fine!

It's really a mystery to me and I'm in IT!

I do usually have several windows open at the time.  An Excel spread sheet, maybe 2 Browser windows and my Outlook Program.  It's really quite an annoyance!

0 Kudos

Hi @Caswan ,

Regret the inconvenience caused ! I would ask you to confirm if you have performed these troubleshooting steps ,

*Uninstall the touchpad drivers then reinstall them from this site  .

*Go to touchpad properties and increase the sensitivity 

*Also if you have performed any other troubleshooting steps do confirm the same.

Awaiting your response .

Kind Regards,

DELL-Jennifer K
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Manuals and Drivers

0 Kudos
mskypek
1 Copper

I've also switched mostly to using an attached mouse.  However the several times I've used the touchpad for long periods of time, I've continued to experience the problem.  Nothing immediate that I try seems to fix it, and it can get worse (more unresponsive).   After powering down for the rest of the day, the problem has always disappeared.   The last two times it started happening, I  started feeling the bottom of my E7450 Latitude and both times the bottom upper left side was warmer than normal (never hot though, like my old Dell XPS would get).

BTW Jennifer K, when I click on your site URL to get drivers to install, I get  a "site not found" error message.  Please update. 

0 Kudos

Hi @Mskypek,

Regret the inconvenience caused ! But here we have the link for the support site with windows 8 /8.1 .Do install this driver and advise the status of the system after its installation .

Kindest Regards ,

DELL-Jennifer K
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Manuals and Drivers

0 Kudos
rocking23nf
1 Nickel

wow brand new 7450 out of the box and having major trackpad issues, it freezes, wont move the mouse, lags all over the screen, its running windows 7 pro.  thinking about sending this back.

0 Kudos
caswan
1 Copper

I already have the most recent driver.  Would uninstalling and re-installing the same one make any difference?

Increase the sensitivity? I don't want to do that since I already have issues with the pointer going places I don't want it to.  For example, it will jump to the top of the page while I'm typing occasionally.

I really can't think of any other troubleshooting steps to take since this is, for me, an OCCASIONALLY annoying issue.  The issue being, out of the blue the Touchpad will not respond or respond with great difficulty.

But now I'm wondering.....how many of you with this issue have Dell Protected Workspace turned on?

0 Kudos
DMK111
1 Nickel

Spoke too soon. The touchpad problem came back again few days ago.

So gave up and attached a mouse.

Its been few days. Few reboots here and there. And tried the touchpad again, and its working fine this time. This issue is pretty inconsistent.

I am on the latest version of Touchpad driver (8.1206.101.115) on WIn7 Ent.

DM

0 Kudos
Raymond910
1 Nickel

For me I would just get a USB or a wireless mouse.

0 Kudos
Flyersguy172
1 Copper

I ended up having to have a Dell tech come in and replace touchpads on 3 of my E7450s in order to fix this issue.  I'm very confident that it's bad hardware