DMK111
1 Nickel

RE: Latitude E7450 touchpad issue

I ended up having to have a Dell tech come in and replace touchpads on 3 of my E7450s in order to fix this issue.  I'm very confident that it's bad hardware

Hi

So you have had no issues since the change in hardware?

Hope DELL has lots of spares... cos we have hundreds of these models to be deployed.

DM

0 Kudos

Hi @Rocking23NF,

Regret the inconvenience caused ! Kindly provide the service tag of the system ,system owners contact details including name and address ( do send them via private message ) so that I can assist with system specifications .

Awaiting your response .

Kindest Regards,

DELL-Jennifer K
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Manuals and Drivers

0 Kudos

Hi @Rocking23NF, Regret the inconvenience caused ! Kindly provide the service tag of the system ,system owners contact details including name and address ( do send them via private message ) so that I can assist with system specifications . Awaiting your response . Kindest Regards,

DELL-Jennifer K
#IWork4Dell
Manuals and Drivers

0 Kudos
rocking23nf
1 Nickel

im dealing with my account manager directly and obtaining a replacement and returning this one.

0 Kudos

Hi @Rocking23NF,

Thank you for the message ,if you need any assistance from us in future send them our way .

Kind Regards ,

DELL-Jennifer K
#IWork4Dell
Manuals and Drivers

0 Kudos
dwscraggs
1 Copper

I have attempted the remove, reboot, reinstall and I am still having the same issue. Mine is NOT intermittent. I have deployed over 100 E7440 and have had NO issues. the first 2 E7450's I image both are having the same issue. With respect.. Please try something more than remove\reinstall drivers. It is Hardware because I will ship back all 1000 units I have in my warehouse tomorrow.

I am grumpy that I read this forum and all I see is uninstall reinstall.. there has got to be another solution..

0 Kudos
SeriousInt
1 Copper

Out of the box, my touchpad on the E7450 freezes, jerks, and is basically unusable; I'm glad i brought my mouse with me on the plane here or the laptop would be a paperweight.  No amount of sensitivity fiddling is yielding results.  Next step is to replace the drivers as suggested.  If that doesn't work, this laptop is being returned. 

0 Kudos
DMK111
1 Nickel

I have attempted the remove, reboot, reinstall and I am still having the same issue. Mine is NOT intermittent. I have deployed over 100 E7440 and have had NO issues. the first 2 E7450's I image both are having the same issue. With respect.. Please try something more than remove\reinstall drivers. It is Hardware because I will ship back all 1000 units I have in my warehouse tomorrow.

I am grumpy that I read this forum and all I see is uninstall reinstall.. there has got to be another solution..

Try replacing the hardware like "Flyersguy172" did.

Waiting for my model to show this symptoms again. If it does, might contact DELL then for hardware replacement.

DM

0 Kudos

Hi Dwscraggs,

Regret the inconvenience caused ! May I have the service tag of the system's ( send it via private message ) so that I can check the specifications of the system .

Kind Regards,

Jennifer 

#Iwork4Dell

DELL-Jennifer K
#IWork4Dell
Manuals and Drivers

0 Kudos
cgarity
1 Copper

I have my E7450 for roughly three months now and I'm glad I found this post as my IT department kept telling me they had not heard of this issue from anyone else and I was beginning to think I was imagining things.

As several have described, the trackpad works perfectly sometimes, but particularly when I have been working for some time on the machine, the trackpad initially becomes choppy, while the pointer at mid-keyboard continues to work as well as an external mouse. The theory about this issue being heat related seems plausible.

This was not an inexpensive laptop. It's sad that Dell, which supposedly is known for extraordinary customer service, has not been able to identify or remedy this issue on a model that is hardly new. Deinstalling and reinstalling the drivers does not work. Tried it already. No wonder Dell's market share keeps falling.

0 Kudos