J S C
1 Copper

RE: Latitude E7450 touchpad issue

I have the same problem on my brand new E7450. Then it resolves for several minutes or even hours, then comes back. Possibly when using more resources?

0 Kudos

Good day JSC ,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum .This is a case the issue is intermittent .

From the above mentioned information do confirm as to what all troubleshooting steps have been performed by you  so that we can avoid repetition and proceed further .

Awaiting your response.

Have a good day !

Kindest Regards ,

DELL-Jennifer K
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Manuals and Drivers

0 Kudos
J S C
1 Copper

Thanks, Jennifer

Earlier today, in the course of a service chat on another issue, I asked about this.

Agent had me check that I had up-to-date BIOS and touchpad drivers (I did). Then she had me run a system file check. This found corrupt files and repaired them... but I don't know what was actually repaired. 

This was a couple of hours ago - touchpad working now but since the problem is sporadic I'll wait to say that the problem is solved.

Thanks for asking for more info. If the problem returns I'll let you know.

Julie

0 Kudos

Good day JSC ,

Thank you for the reply ! Do monitor the system's performance .

If there are any issues do write to us ,I will wait for your response .

Kindest Regards ,

DELL-Jennifer K
#IWork4Dell
Manuals and Drivers

0 Kudos

I too am facing the same issue, just received this laptop as a replacement for my old dell e6420 from my company. seems to be a hardware fault.

0 Kudos
ROBUSMC
1 Copper

In the touchpad settings I have disabled "Touchguard" this seems to have resolved the issue. Can someone else please test and see if this works for them as well?

I will continue to monitor the touchpad and reply if the issue comes back even with "TOUCHGUARD" turned off.

0 Kudos
ROBUSMC
1 Copper

Brand new E7450, just unboxed yesterday and I'm having the same touchpad issues. Sometimes it works fine and then jittery, and then just unresponsive. A reboot usually brings it back for a brief while before the issues start up again. VERY aggravating. 

I've tried everything I can think of to get it to work smooth, but I think it's just bad hardware. I'll be calling tech support tomorrow to have the touchpad replaced.... NOT good DELL.

0 Kudos
BrianSWaugh
1 Copper

I am having the same issue with Latitude E7450. (<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>)

0 Kudos

Hi @ , @ROBUSMC ,@SuneetSahadevan ,

Apologies for delayed response ,but kindly confirm if you have updated the BIOS and touch pad drivers .

If its done then check the system's performance with an external mouse .

If this also has been done then revert with system service tag ( via private message ) so that I can assist you further .

Regards,

DELL-Jennifer K
#IWork4Dell
Manuals and Drivers

0 Kudos
roger83
1 Copper

Hi

I had the same problem as many have described.

What worked for me after i had tried everything else:

Re-downloaded the touchpad driver, then I extracted the files out of the exe file before installing with the extracted setup.exe.

Could be random :P

0 Kudos