nikitata85
1 Copper

RE: Latitude E7450 touchpad issue

The problem still persists after the driver is installed. I have a new lattitude e7450 running Windows 7 Enterprise. 

The touchpad is choppy and does not track my finger movement. I tried adjusting the setting on the software, but that did not help.

What can I do to fix the problem?

0 Kudos
shanepowell
1 Copper

I think I posted this issue originally - I ended up simply having the touchpad replaced. It has worked perfectly since then (approx. 3 months).

It's definitely hardware.

gsolmosi
1 Copper

definettly HW issue. touchpad is choppy out of the box in BIOS. has nothing to do with any drivers. Calling support for hw exchange

roger83
1 Copper

It took a few days and the problem appeared again. Also thinking it must be hardware.

0 Kudos
gsolmosi
1 Copper

not because of next business day support, but after answer, that touchpad is faulty even in BIOS, technician is coming to repair hw without any problem.

0 Kudos
J S C
1 Copper

Jennifer - I continue to have this problem. Stopped writing about it because it seemed to be working better, but I think that was wishful thinking. Now at times unusable.

Works fine with the stick (or whatever that is called between G and H - I'm blanking) as well as with external mouse.

It looks like it may simply be a faulty trackpad - hardware issue. How can I get this fixed.

0 Kudos
xkadafix
1 Copper

I'm having the same problem with my E7450. The thing that *** even more is that I just got it back from having the "logic board" replaced. 

0 Kudos
wushufanaticc
1 Copper

New corporate E7450 and same issue as everyone else.  Used for about 2 days no issues and now trackpad works for approximately 1-2 seconds before not working; rinse and repeat.

I need to replace my personal laptop as well and this is definitely and this experience is definitely making me remove Dell as an option.

0 Kudos
BrianSWaugh
1 Copper

This is still a problem. I had updated the BIOS and uninstalled/reinstalled the driver. External mouse works flawlessly, but I want to use the trackpad when traveling.

0 Kudos
john.kramer
1 Copper

Yup. I was excited to get my new work computer, but this is an epic disappointment because of the horrible, unusable trackpad. Our IT guy commented on it. It is unbelievably bad. Dell, you should be ashamed for releasing a product like this. My company paid $1500 bucks for a laptop that has a worse interface than a $500 laptop I own. It really is unusable. My IT guy tried replacing drivers. I did. Nope, it always ends up in a choppy, unusable mess. I can't do basic, elementary things like clicking and dragging. Really frustrating for a brand new premium machine. The laptop is not even  a month in use. I'm going to complain to my companies IT and see if I can go with a product other than Dell. I think they should get their money back from what you sold them. I am not happy at all for such a basic, basic piece of functionality. Can you replace it with a decent trackpad?

0 Kudos