Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 10th, 2015 10:00

Latitude E7450 with Windows 7 in UEFI mode with Legacy Option ROMs enabled won't resume from hibernate

We've just been doing our initial validation of the Latitude E7450 with our deployment system and we've found that if we install Windows 7 (Pro or Enterprise) in UEFI mode with Legacy Option ROMs enabled, the system won't resume from hibernate - we get a 0xC000000D error. The problem doesn't occur with Windows 8.1, and if we disable Legacy Option ROMs, hibernate works fine (except you then can't enter a BitLocker preboot PIN, rendering the system otherwise useless!).

Has anyone else hit this? I see HP had to release a BIOS update to add an extra setting when they had a similar problem on the Z230 (see HP's website).

1 Message

April 1st, 2015 01:00

Same problem. But in my case it doesn't matter whether Legacy Option ROM is disabled or enabled. 

Dell Latitude E5450, Windows 7 x64 Pro with UEFI. Hibernate results: "Your computer can't come out of hibernation. Status: 0xc000000d"

2 Posts

April 1st, 2015 07:00

Identical issue here with a Dell Latitude E7450. I did submit a ticket to Dell support. They instructed me to install the latest chipset driver, and reinstall the graphics driver. This did not resolve the issue.

1 Message

May 15th, 2015 09:00

Hi, 

Yes E7x50 with Wind 7x64. I have had this problem - deploying using ConfigMgr 2012 Task Sequence with integrated MDT 2013. We set UEFI as bios settings and have to enable Legacy Boot ROMs to ensure the Task Sequence continues after downloading the WIM, otherwise we get a Stop. 

But..then our user's complain of a coming out of hibernation Stop. Disabling Legacy Boot ROMs fixes that. The only option I can think of is to a) wait to move to 8.1 and beyond or b) disable hibernation with powercfg.exe /hiberation off. 

Would be interested to hear WHY this happens. As I understand it the option for LBR allows the RAID option to work. Is there something about AHCI and SATA that this is incompatible with?

very annoying...

3 Posts

June 1st, 2015 22:00

Have this same problem with Latitude E5450's.

We use Windows 7.  Everything works fine, but whenever the system hibernates it isn't able to come back normally.  "can't come out of hibernation status 0xc000000d"

We use MDT 2013, and UEFI on our systems.  We have found, if Legacy Option Rom is disabled  imaging always comes back as unable to read the partition after pushing the captured image.  "0xc000000d An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data." Similarly, if you try to disable it after the machine is good, it will not be able to read the partition in the same way.

This is only for the Windows 7 image.  Never knew why, but as a result of this behavior disabling Legacy Option Rom isn't an option.

Everything works peachy without legacy option rom on Windows 8.1 however (both during and after imaging).

We have hundreds of other laptops from the 20 series, 30 series, and 40's that have no issue.  Just the 50's.

2 Posts

June 2nd, 2015 07:00

Dell has released a BIOS update (A04) that corrects the Bitlocker/Hibernation issue.

3 Posts

August 26th, 2015 07:00

I have done a BIOS update on my E5450 and I'm still getting this problem.

No Events found!