jfrink
1 Copper

RE: Latitude E7470 External Monitors with Dock Problems

Thanks for your response.  I just sent an email to my tech support representative asking for them to provide, free of charge, the USB 3.0 docking station.  The amount of time i've wasted on this is ridiculous.  I do wonder if one would have the same success with the Dell USB 3.0 dock that you have had with the off brand.  Much appreciated update.  I have also been monitoring another thread and there has been some discussion of an updated firmware that seems to be working...for the time being. 

www.reddit.com/.../dell_latitude_e7450_monitor_flickering

0 Kudos
Akasata111
1 Nickel

Unfortunately the USB dock is not a solution, or even an acceptable workaround for me. It doesn't support 4k and consumes a bunch of valuable CPU resources.

I'm honestly shocked that Dell is willing to continue selling defective products. It also begs the question: if they provide zero support for a brand new product, what kind of support can we expect once the warranty period is over?

0 Kudos
cam-m
1 Copper

I just hit this issue with the following set up:

• Dell E7470
  • Dell E-Port Plus docking station
  • 2 x BenQ GL2460 monitors connected via DVI

With all 3 displays enabled (extended) the two Benq's connected to the dock would repeatedly lose signal at random frequent intervals (every 30sec - 1min)

The following steps have fixed this for me...

1. Update driver for Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 via device manager (now at version 20.19.15.4390 18/02/2016)
  2. Flash Bios to version 1.2.2 (requires restart)

Now going for over 30 mins with no issues. Nope, still having same issue, so NOT a fix.

0 Kudos
Luminator1
1 Copper

I experience the same problem but I use two Samsung S24C450 connected with DVI. I have tried everyyhing. I hope Dell fix this issue soon. Universal USB port replicator isn't a good solution.

0 Kudos
JustWilliam.O
1 Nickel

Hello,

We have had this same issue and I have finally had a breakthrough with regards to 7470 models.

They are soon to release a Synaptics VMM firmware update for the 7470s.   This should fix the flashing external monitor issue.

Its a pain as it only happens when systems resume/wakeup/power on & it is inconsistent.

Temporary fix we have to create GPO to keep machines awake or use a app like "Caffeine".

(Removed by moderator)

Kind regards,

William

Akasata111
1 Nickel

Hi William,

Are you sure you are talking about the same issue? The flashing monitor with 2 external+onboard monitor, or 1 4k monitor is completely consistent and reproducible without any sleep or wakeup.

The E7470 has a laundry list of other issues connected to docking and sleep/resume, such as loss of the playback device associated with the docking headphone output, daily crashes, loss of monitor configurations, fixed 1024x768 resolution for on-board monitor etc., but the original issue in this thread is not one of them.

Best regards!

0 Kudos
JustWilliam.O
1 Nickel

Yes I am referring to one of the external monitors flashing constantly when it resumes.  This has happened with previous Latitude models and you will see a synaptics VMM update within the video section of the 7450 that fixes this issue.

OutOfControl81
1 Copper

Good Morning Fellow E7470 Owners!

Thank you all for posting on this issue, it has aided me in dealing with this issue.   Not that it was advertised yet, but there have been multiple releases in chipset drivers for the E7470 yesterday and today.   I will report shortly if it fixes this issue, but I figured I'd report this ASAP to the community because if this works we all can get back to work and stop the screen flashing.

I'll keep you all posted

Luminator1
1 Copper

The Synaptics VMM3320 MST HUB Firmware Updater solved my problems! Smiley Happy

OutOfControl81
1 Copper

As near as I can tell the "Last Updated" date has changed, but the file revisions have not.    I took a look at the Synaptics VMM2320 MST HUB update but of course it flagged the update as not compatible.   Can anyone verify that this is their experience in applying this fix?   If it works I'd love Dell to rubber stamp the procedure.

0 Kudos