Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 4th, 2010 12:00

Latitude XT2 random cursor movements

I recently upgraded my Latitude XT2 to Win 7 (64 bit).  I have downloaded and installed all of the latest drivers (as well as the latest Control Point software).

I am pleased with the upgrade thus far.  There is an issue, though which is a bit of an annoynance.  The cursor spontaneously moves to the upper right corner.  This is especially annoying in applications.  For example, in a browser, I may suddenly find myself typing into the search box instead of my email.  In an application, I may invoke "help" unintentionally, or close down the window.

I hypothesize that this may be because either the touch pad or the touch screen is overly sensitive, but I can't test this since I have been unable to find a way to adjust the sensitivity.

1) Has anyone solved this problem?

2) If not, how do I decrease the sensitivity of the touch screen and the touch pad (by the keyboard) to test whether this is the problem?

5.2K Posts

March 5th, 2010 08:00

Most touch pad control panels have ways to adjust the sensitivity and/or deactivate the pad when typing. Neither seems to work perfectly. There is at least one program, TouchFreeze, that works great on 32-bit windows machines. You will need to find out if it is compatible with 64-bit Windows.

1 Message

March 15th, 2010 16:00

I've have the same problem on a D830, cursor moving to the upper right-hand corner.  It only happens when I'm using the touchpad, not when I'm using an external mouse and I don't use the stick.  Earlier today I disabled the stick just to try because of something else that used to happen on my Dell D800. On that laptop, even when using an external mouse sometimes the cursor pointer would begin to slowly drift to the side of the display.  Moving the mouse furiously would sometimes get control back and sometimes not.  What fixed that problem was disabling the stick pointer.  So I have tried this on the 830 and will see if it helps.

1 Message

October 28th, 2010 12:00

At least three out of five XT2s at work has the same symptoms. Random mouse movement and clicking all over. Reboot will not sort it. Resetting the digitizer sometimes work. Reinstalling the drivers seems to sort it for some time.

Installed the new drivers that was released @ 19. october did little to fix this, only made the screen more slow in response to touch IMO.

Can someone from Dell please tell us what to do with this? I have read a few threads about techs changing screens with no luck , so I'm hesistant to calling Dell here.

-KJ

July 6th, 2011 12:00

Go to control panel open up Ntrig and click tunning reset and your done!

July 6th, 2011 12:00

Go to control panel open up Ntrig and click tunning reset and your done!

July 6th, 2011 13:00

Go to control panel open up Ntrig Pen and Touch Settings and click the Touch Tuning  reset button and your done!

No Events found!