Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

J

11 Posts

November 23rd, 2004 14:00

Left Handed Mouse Settings on a Latitude D400

A user who is left handed likes to reverse the buttons on the external USB mouse. But the Mouse settings in control panel are only for the nipple and pad. Any ideas if there is a way of switching the buttons if you have plugged in the Dell USB optical mouse?

Thanks.

22 Posts

November 30th, 2004 01:00

I have a D800, so this might work...

When I go to the mouse properties, on the Buttons tab, there is a check box labeled "Swap left and right button functions of USB mouse".

I'm using version 5.4102.8 of the driver, if that helps.

11 Posts

November 30th, 2004 07:00

Thanks for responding. Sadly that check box does not appear on the D400.

11 Posts

December 7th, 2004 09:00

Update on my issue. Changed all the registry swapmousebutton entries to 1. Sadly this did not do much. But it did swap the buttons during the login procedure for the laptop (Novell and Windows). As soon as Windows loads up though it is back to right handed settings.

1 Message

December 15th, 2004 19:00

We have this issue in our work environment here, and there is a fix inviolving a new driver.  I don't have a link to it since we have it on an internal server here at work, but this is what you need:

• Alps GlidePoint/StickPointer Driver
  • Version: A06
  • OEM Ver: 5.4.102.4.
Install then reboot and you should see the option to check off the swap left/right functions under that 'buttons' tab.
Hope this helps.
Bryan

11 Posts

December 20th, 2004 06:00

Thanks for that. Will make a note. In the end I gave a user a logitech mouse and downloaded their software which switches quite happily.

Thanks again.

No Events found!