Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2013 13:00

Left speaker is not working

I got new dell n5521 core i3 about a month ago, my left speaker gone off automatically when i was listening song, but right one is working fine. can any one assist me either is it a hardware or software problem.

Initially I had problem in sound driver, most of time my machine gets stuck while I tried to click on sound  icon on task manu. but this issue was resolved as the driver diagnose from dell I ran and installed another sound driver. but now from today left side speaker stopped working during a song I was listening.

3.1K Posts

August 28th, 2013 14:00

Hi UMSid,

May I know the media player you are using (Windows Media Player/VLC etc) ?
What happens when you connect a pair of headphones? Does the sound come from both ways?

. I would suggest a clean re-installation of the audio drivers.

• Open Device Manager (Start -- Control Panel -- Device Manager).
  • Expand Sound, video and game controllers, right click and uninstall both the drivers listed 
  • From the drop down menu, select “Uninstall”.
  • Ensure to check the box “Delete driver software for this device”.
  • Restart the computer.
  • Then check for the Audio drivers in Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs, possibly Realtek might be mentioned, uninstall the driver.
  • Restart the computer
  • Now re-install the latest drivers from the following link http://dell.to/154D42D
  • Restart the computer and check the functionality.

2 Posts

August 30th, 2013 10:00

I installed its latest version couple of days back, after installing the newer version its problem was resolved.

I am currently using Win7 64bits.

VLC sometimes does not give sounds from both ways but media player is fine, on headphone.

3.1K Posts

August 30th, 2013 11:00

Hi UMSid,

Please confirm the current state of your computer. You've mentioned that media player works fine. I understand that it works with headphones. Does it work fine even when you use the external speakers?

I would also suggest you to uninstall and re-install VLC player.

1 Message

October 10th, 2013 07:00

i bought  DELL inspiron 5521 i5 3337u four months before...now left speaker is not working..can you please help me how to solve it...it is even not in working windows media player..but its working perfectly in earphones...

October 11th, 2013 03:00

Hi isid369,

The issue could be with the speaker going bad as the sound in headphones is fine.

You may run the diagnostics to check the speaker functionality. Refer to the link http://dell.to/GAxNcY for steps on how to run diagnostics.

To run the audio test, select ‘Perform Quick Audio Check’ on the bottom right side of the ePSA main menu screen. Check if you can hear the 8 beep tones from the left speaker.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist you further.

1 Message

August 16th, 2016 01:00

Facing the same problem here, I bought a new dell laptop of inspiron 15 5000series six months ago. I can see my laptops left speaker not working. A month back, I was listening to songs and automatically it stopped working. Right speaker is working fine. Didnt know whether it was a software/hardware problem. suggest me what to do now?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 16th, 2016 11:00

Didnt know whether it was a software/hardware problem.

Hello. Run the audio test in the ePSA diagnostic tests. It is a hardware diagnostic, so if the test fails then it is not a software problem.

suggest me what to do now?

If you do not hear audio in the left speaker during the test, then get it replaced. Contact tech support for warranty service.

No Events found!