Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2016 13:00

Limit Charging to 80% and Disable/Decrease Keyboard Backlight Shut Off (XPS 13 9350)

Hi, I have a XPS 13 9350 and would like to know if it's possible to limit the charging or stop battery charging? I saw that this is possible with Dell Battery Meter but I can't find the right version for my laptop.

Also, I would like to know if it's possible to make the keyboard backlighting turn off after a longer period of time? Right now, it turns off far too soon after interaction. I saw that this is possible with Dell Quickset but once again, I don't know which is the right version for my system. Thank you!

July 13th, 2016 23:00

Hi Marcolorenzo

Thanks for writing to us. 

Please install this package http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=VYWMG

let us know how it goes. 

Also Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message

Regards

July 14th, 2016 01:00

Thank you for your reply. I just tried to install that file but it says that it requires an x86 system. My system is 64 bit. Do you have a 64 bit version?

July 15th, 2016 00:00

hI please try this file,
www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

July 15th, 2016 23:00

Hi, Did the file work? 

July 16th, 2016 10:00

No, it wouldn't install because it says it requires .Net Framework 4.0 to be installed. After downloading .Net Framework 4.0 from Microsoft's website, it also won't install because it says it's already part of my system.

July 16th, 2016 22:00

Can you please uninstall .net framework from programs and feature in control panel and try to install again as an admin and then try to install the application as an admin.

July 17th, 2016 01:00

I can't find .Net Framework 4.0 or any other version in Programs and Features but on the left side, there was an option to "Turn Windows features on or off". So I went in there and turned the .Net Framework features off and retired what you suggested but I still got the same thing. I think the file you suggested to me is simply not compatible, especially since it is so old. Not to mention, .Net Framework 4.0 and newer should be built into Windows 10 so if it can't detect it, maybe it's just not compatible.

July 17th, 2016 19:00

Did the features work before? The files we provided were for a different model of systems, but sometimes they work on non tested models, unfortunately it didnt work for XPS. 

You can try the quickset software, but it doesn't have the battery custom setting features. But there is no windows 10 compatible quickset we are afraid. 

July 20th, 2016 19:00

Hi We are awaiting your response.

No Events found!