Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2012 13:00

Limited access issue after starting a torrent client.

Hello,

Before 5 months I bought a laptop Inspiron N5110 with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 bluetooth card. So since then I have one very annoying problem. I've searched in Google before but with no results because noone has exactly my problem. The problem is that my internet connection stops, I disconnect from Skype and can't surf in internet. In the right bottom angle of the screen where is the signal strenght indicator appears ! sign in yellow triangle. When I troubleshoot it fixes the connection for a few minutes and says "Deafault gateway not found". And here is the unique thing in my problem-it happens when I start a torrent client. Every time when I have to download something I stay non-stop on the computer and reset the dying internet connection every two minutes.

Please help me because I'm very miserable and become to lose hope and will!

68 Posts

February 7th, 2012 10:00

Is this your forum support and help?!?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 7th, 2012 11:00

If the problem isn't present when your torrent client is shut off, either keep it shut off or try a different one.

68 Posts

February 8th, 2012 07:00

I can't keep it shut off beacuse I have to download 28 GB game and it must be on a lo of time in order to download the game.

68 Posts

February 12th, 2012 06:00

So, will I receive any helpful answer? This thing bagan to happen without the torrent client!

68 Posts

April 5th, 2012 13:00

I found out that it might be from my router. Every time when I download or upload this problem happens. It also happens on PvP matches in the games and that makes me to think that the router, maybe, can't process all this information and the '!' pops up. If there are any solutions of this, please reply.

Thanks in advance :)

85 Posts

April 5th, 2012 13:00

Welcome to the Dell community Rgnarokkk,

Please Try Upgrading the Firmware of the Router once and Revert back

68 Posts

April 6th, 2012 04:00

Thank you Anish,

A few minutes before my yesterday post I updated the firmware, so, now I'm testing it.

68 Posts

April 6th, 2012 09:00

The problem is still here. After about 15 minutes of PvP it kicks me and says limited access. :(

85 Posts

April 6th, 2012 11:00

Hey Rgnarokkk,

It says Limited access Which means you have APIPA IP address which indicates you have 169.x.x.x IP address which will not allow you to connect to the Internet.

This is the first thing which you have to do when you have APIPA IP address.

1) Turn off all the Devices (Computer, Router, Modem {If you have any}, )

2) Make sure all the devices are disconnected and the Router/modem has to be completely turned off and no cables shud't be connected.

3) Then Turn the Devices in this sequence First turn on the Modem then wait for the lights to come up, then turn on the Router and wait for the lights to come up, then turn on the computer.

4) Once the devices is turned On try Establishing the Connection and then Connect and Revert back.

If that does not work.

Disable all the Devices from the Startup and also in the services.

While doing so. please check the Box which says Hide All Microsoft services

Revert back if any of the steps is working

68 Posts

April 6th, 2012 12:00

Thanks for the reply Anish,

I'll try this but first I want to ask about some details. Firstly, the IP address must contain or begin with 169, because my IP address contains but doesn't begin with 169? Secondly, can I note again that I have a constant internet connection, except in these cases - when I play games in the network(on the laptop or on the PlayStation 3) and when I download or upload, which makes me to think that my router overheats.

85 Posts

April 6th, 2012 14:00

Hey Thanks for the Info Rgnarokkk,

It could be your Router as well. Could you please give me the Details of the Router.

Also, Can you completely uninstall your Antivirus Software on the computer using the Removal tool of the respective software

Plus, Reset the Router once and use it without any Security key and check if that happens. If your Computer is giving 192.x.x.x IP address then its Not APIPA Please check the IP address when it says Limited on the bottom right corner.

68 Posts

April 6th, 2012 14:00

It's definately 192.x.x.x. Also what details exactly do you need, name of the router ,trademark?

68 Posts

April 7th, 2012 01:00

My router is TP-LINK, Wireless Lite N Router, TL-WR740N.

April 7th, 2012 01:00

Rgnarokkk,

I am at work right now and do not have me personal computer handy. Whe using peer to peer programs the Winsock usually gets corrupt

This article may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259

Rick

68 Posts

April 8th, 2012 00:00

Hey Rick,

I have a question. How can I follow these steps when I use Windows 7? I also have another question. Are the games and the torrent programs peer to peer programs?

No Events found!