Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2012 13:00

Limited access issue after starting a torrent client.

Hello,

Before 5 months I bought a laptop Inspiron N5110 with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 bluetooth card. So since then I have one very annoying problem. I've searched in Google before but with no results because noone has exactly my problem. The problem is that my internet connection stops, I disconnect from Skype and can't surf in internet. In the right bottom angle of the screen where is the signal strenght indicator appears ! sign in yellow triangle. When I troubleshoot it fixes the connection for a few minutes and says "Deafault gateway not found". And here is the unique thing in my problem-it happens when I start a torrent client. Every time when I have to download something I stay non-stop on the computer and reset the dying internet connection every two minutes.

Please help me because I'm very miserable and become to lose hope and will!

68 Posts

April 12th, 2012 14:00

Thank you all for all the replies! It seems that the problem is gone since the Realtec settings change. I am marking the question as answered.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 12th, 2012 16:00

Rgnarokkk,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

68 Posts

April 14th, 2012 10:00

Hello again,

Unfortunately, it seems that tha TCP Checksum Offload option didn't fix the problmem. So, I'm back again with the same problem and I really sorry that I amuse you with it again. This time it happened  when I was watching a clip. The annoying yellow triangle with the ! sign appeared all of sudden. It hasn't showed for about 3 days and now it's here again. Well, all new suggestions are appreciated.

68 Posts

April 14th, 2012 12:00

Actually I noticed that these settings that I changed weren't on my default network, the Wireless Network Connection with the Intel Centrino card. These settings can be found only in the Realtech advanced setting tab which goes with the Local Area Connection. This LAC is not connected because it requires an ethernet cable. So, that is the reason why the settings don't work, simply because I don't adjust them on the connection used by me. And now comes the question how can I adjust these settings on my active connection with the Intel card when there are no TCP offload settings there?

68 Posts

April 14th, 2012 13:00

I set everything as in  the instructions but I have one question. Is it normal to show this "We do not recommend using the TKIP encryption if the device operates in

802.11n mode due to the fact that TKIP is not supported by 802.11n specification."?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 14th, 2012 13:00

Rgnarokkk,

Here is something that we all overlooked.

The Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030, Single Band adapter works on the 2.4GHz band ONLY. Even though the adapter is called wireless N, it allows 2 streams to make the connection faster.

I have heard some success stories of disabling the wireless N of this adapter.

You have a TP-LINK, Wireless Lite N Router, TL-WR740N (MANUAL)

In order to connect, the TP-LINK, Wireless Lite N Router, needs to be set for the mixed mode. The b/g mode of the wirless router works on the 2.4GHz band and most wireless N routers work on the 5.0GHz band. I use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings I use channel 11. I would make a new SSID to make connecting easier. Also try turning off the firewall in the wireless router.

Rick 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 14th, 2012 14:00

Rgnarokkk,

I could not find in the documentation of the router if the wireless router was a dual band or single band. If single, it will work on 5.0 or 2.4GHz. The wireless adapter you have works only on the 2.4GHz.

Windows XP systems can only connect to WPA Security if they have XP SP2 or SP3 installed. WPA was NOT supported with XP or XP SP1.

If it is not supported, you can try WPA-AES and hopefully you can still connect. Do you have any other wireless devices? If yes, you'll have to find out if they can connect to WPA-AES Security.

I have a Linksys, also had a Netgear router. I used those setting on both and had no problems with any wireless devices connecting. If I hide my SSID, my daughters cell phone cannot connect to my network, so I keep the recommended wireless settings. I do not use Mac address filtering and I have the firewall turned off in my wireless router. I use the firewall on each system to block everything.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 14th, 2012 15:00

Rgnarokkk,

Windows firewalls in XP works for incoming but not outgoing. To block in both directions, some people use a third party firewall.

Windows firewalls for Vista/Windows 7 works in both directions, so the firewalls usually block with no problems.

Test it and see if you stay conected when watching the videos and trying other things.

Rick 

68 Posts

April 14th, 2012 15:00

I have no problems with the connecting and now I'm writing from my laptop, it just shows that message, it doesn't causes problems, so now I am connected. I think also that my router is single band. Now I am connected with the WPA-PSK (TKIP) protection and it works fine. Only this recommendation message frustrates me. My router firewall is disabled. And I don't have other wireless devices.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 14th, 2012 17:00

Rgnarokkk,

That setting is just stating that the type of security for this model router is not recommended, because wireless N does not support WEP or PSK(TKIP) Security.

You could actually go back in the routers settings and change to to mixed b/g mode, since you do not have any other devices. You should be ok with that setting.

I googled the error message and that is just a message from the wireless router. It is not from your computer.

Keep us posted on the progress.

Rick

68 Posts

April 20th, 2012 01:00

Luckily, for now there is no problem with the limited access but now my internet pages and YouTube videos load in ways slower that before.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 20th, 2012 02:00

Rgnarokkk,

If you don't have other devices connecting, like cell phones, playstations, etc..., then you could switch to AES Security, which is faster.

If you have a 64-bit system, there are different versions of Internet Explorer.

Start, in search, type

internet

You'll see...

Use Interent Explorer that does NOT have (64-bit) after it. This version supports flash player. There is a flash player that is for the 64-bit browser, but I suspect there still could be issues and may be slow.

Rick

68 Posts

April 20th, 2012 04:00

Rick,

I have no cell phones but one PlayStation 3 connected which maybe excludes the security type change. I have a 64-bit Windows 7 but I use Google Chrome. Should I switch to Internet Explorer or there are variants for Chrome, too?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 20th, 2012 12:00

Rgnarokkk,

Not sure about Chrome.

Try changing the type of security, no new ssid needed, I think. See if the playstation connects. I think it has that capability.

Rick

68 Posts

April 20th, 2012 14:00

Definately I will change it to AES then because I need a fast connection for my console and laptop. Maybe all these incorrect adjusted router settings were causing the annoying connection drops on my PlayStation 3's network.

No Events found!