Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2012 13:00

Limited access issue after starting a torrent client.

Hello,

Before 5 months I bought a laptop Inspiron N5110 with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 bluetooth card. So since then I have one very annoying problem. I've searched in Google before but with no results because noone has exactly my problem. The problem is that my internet connection stops, I disconnect from Skype and can't surf in internet. In the right bottom angle of the screen where is the signal strenght indicator appears ! sign in yellow triangle. When I troubleshoot it fixes the connection for a few minutes and says "Deafault gateway not found". And here is the unique thing in my problem-it happens when I start a torrent client. Every time when I have to download something I stay non-stop on the computer and reset the dying internet connection every two minutes.

Please help me because I'm very miserable and become to lose hope and will!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 20th, 2012 14:00

Rgnarokkk,

If there is, you'll need to use the ethernet cable to connect to change it back.

I kind of doubt it. I'm still not 100% sure about the game system but I think it should work.

I know my daughters cell phone does not like AES, so I keep everything with TKIP. TKIP will limit it to 54mps but AES allows over that.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Rgnarokkk,

The PlayStation 3 does support AES.

Rick

68 Posts

But is there a possibility if I change from TKIP to AES to have the old limited access problem back?

68 Posts

April 20th, 2012 23:00

I changed it, now definately runs faster.

68 Posts

April 21st, 2012 00:00

Again the same story. After changing from TKIP to AES, on my first YouTube clip I got the limited access. It seems that the problem is in the ecryption type.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 21st, 2012 02:00

Rgnarokkk,

At least you know how to change it back.

It would have been interesting to see if using a different browser showed the same results.

I think I just saw an update for Google Chrome, did you install the newest version?

Rick

68 Posts

April 21st, 2012 02:00

With AES I don't have probelms with the browser speed and my Chrome is up to date. Now I changed from WPA-Personal to WPA2-Personal and my videos on 1080p can finish without limited access. Do you think this could resolve the problem?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 21st, 2012 04:00

Rgnarokkk,

Sounds promising, as long as your playstation can still connect.

Rick

68 Posts

April 21st, 2012 09:00

I hope this will stop my sufferings. I never had problems with the PlayStation connecting, I had with the connection drops. But this was a long time ago, then it stopped.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 21st, 2012 11:00

Rgnarokkk,

Finding the settings that meet your needs. I have a Dell Wireless Printer, 6 Dell computers and daughters cell phone on my network. The cell phone does not like AES, or hidden SSID's so I have to find settings to work for this. It takes a little tweaking, some can be hit or miss, but sometimes you find out there are settings that everything likes.

During electrical sotrms, with power flickers, it also plays havoc on the wireless connections. Powering everything off for 30 seconds, then powering on the ISP modem/router, wireless router(if any) and restarting the computer and other wireless devices gets everything back working.

Rick

68 Posts

April 22nd, 2012 08:00

It looks like this didn't fix it. Again a disconnect during an online game.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 22nd, 2012 11:00

Rgnarokkk,

It was ok before we tried to change the security?

Maybe go in and make a new SSID and make sure the security was set using TKIP Personal and hopefully that will put things back to the way they were before we tried AES security.

Rick

68 Posts

April 22nd, 2012 12:00

It is not guaranteed that this will fix the problem because after I changed from WPA to WPA2 personal I watched a few videos, downloaded 3 films without  a problem and played around 10 online matches and now suddenlly "limited access" shows up again. I will try to make a new SSID but this issue is so subtly because when you think that the problem is fixed it pops up again.

P.S. I was on AES online more tha TKIP so the same problem could appear on TKIP if I used it enough.

68 Posts

April 25th, 2012 00:00

After I made new SSID it happened again today.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 25th, 2012 03:00

Rgnarokkk,

I was wondering if using the latest drivers for your adapter might help.

Try running the tool here and see if they help. If they don't help, maybe the older drivers from Dell's Website might help.

Intel® Driver Update Utility

Rick

No Events found!