Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 14th, 2010 03:00

Local Disk (C:) Space Lost

Hi Everyone,

I made the egregious error of backing up all my data, settings and programs onto my Local Disk (C:). Now I only I have less than 5% free space on the C drive thus my laptop is no longer functioning efficiently. How could I please undo this back up or delete what I don't need on my C drive to revert to at least 50% free space? How do I please know what to delete and not delete? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance :emotion-1:

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

August 14th, 2010 08:00

If you have a D:\, you can use http://www.partition-tool.com to make C:\ bigger.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

August 14th, 2010 08:00

It's important to say what model computer you have and also how your hard drive is partitioned now. You might consider returning to Factory Settings if your computer is a recent model and the Recovery option is still viable. Also say how you managed to backup to the C drive. Ordinarily, windows doesn't allow you to backup to the same partition you are backing up. Make sure you backup to an external hard drive and not another partition on the hard drive. Windows will incorrectly permit a backup to a diff partition on the hard drive. 

November 2nd, 2010 21:00

It's important to say what model computer you have and also how your hard drive is partitioned now. You might consider returning to Factory Settings if your computer is a recent model and the Recovery option is still viable. Also say how you managed to backup to the C drive. Ordinarily, windows doesn't allow you to backup to the same partition you are backing up. Make sure you backup to an external hard drive and not another partition on the hard drive. Windows will incorrectly permit a backup to a diff partition on the hard drive. 

I got more deep understanding about this part, Thanks for your explanation!
No Events found!