Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 17th, 2017 20:00

Locked Bios

Hello, I'm a proud owner of a Dell Precision 3510 and I've gotten myself into a bit of a predicament. I bought my Precision from my company a while back, just a quiet transaction with the management, cash, with no proper documentation. Later, I was laid off and no longer work for that company. So, when I entered the BIOS to change the administrator password so I could upgrade to Windows 10, I found it locked. I tried a few tricks and got the admin password without using the BIOS. Now, I need to access it. What kind of proof must I show Dell for them to accept and help me? I understand there's a fee as it's outside of warranty.

July 18th, 2017 01:00

Hi,

Request you to contact Dell team for the BIOS password either via DellTechCenter in Facebook or @DellCaresPRO on Twitter and they will be able to provide you a BIOS password once the ownership of the system is confirmed. You need to confirm the name of the customer or company under which the system is registered.

Do reach back for any query.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 18th, 2017 10:00

Unfortunately, no -- if the system is registered to the company, they will assist only an authorized user affiliated with that company.

Unless you have the company transfer ownership to you, the only way to have the password removed is an expensive one -- replace the mainboard.

July 18th, 2017 10:00

I wouldn't think they officially transferred the ownership to me, so I'd just tell them the name of the organization I purchased it from, correct?

No Events found!