Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2011 13:00

Long Delayed Warranty and Misleading Information by Dell Support.

Hii, I recently saw this forum while i was crawling the web to get support for my newly purchased Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop.

I am not aware of the rules of this forums completely cuz, dell support has fried my mind with their misleading information regarding the warranty. I live in New Delhi (India) and bought my Dell Vostro 1014 on 23rd March 2011. Two days after purchasing the unit, the machine got dead and refused booting. I immediately called up the Dell support, and discussed the entire problem. One of the representative, opened a case stating: my Laptop's Motherboard BIOS got dead and the motherboard will be replaced. The case was opened on 23rd March 2011. He said, within 48 hours, an Engineer will visit your place and fix the problem by replacing the motherboard. I took a leave from work on 25th March 2011 and waited for a single call from those people. No one called me or visited my place.

Then, On monday (28th March 2011) a guy named Harshvardhan called me from dell support and stated "The motherboard for the specific model aint available in India, It will be shipped from Singapore on 30th March, 2011 and your laptop will be fixed by 2nd April 2011. I will call you again on 4th April to confirm whether your unit has been fixed or not.". I was totally agreed and took another 2 days leave(1st Apr - 2nd Apr)  from work, sitting at home and waiting for someone to ping me on phone. Days passed and no1 visited/called me.

Finally, i got a call from the same guy "Harshvardhan", and he said "Have your machine fixed? I said: Not yet. Then he said, the part has not been delivered in India due to some Shipping/Customs issues. Its stuck in custom." Then I continued conversing on phone being a consumer seeking for help from that guy or DELL, he assured me that, the motherboard will be shipped in India exactly on 8th April 2011, and will be delivered at my home within two days and he will be calling me on 11th Apr 2011 just to confirm the current status of that time. I said ok then i will wait for another few days.

Now, today, its 9th Apr, 2011 I checked the status of shipping and i am posting here what i saw:

1. In this image, it is already notified that "There is no shipping information..." then, how & why these dell guys claimed that the part was supposed to be shipped on 8th Apr 2011.

2. Another thing is, from the last two weeks, both the shipping dates informed to me were Fridays. Nothing happened, then, Saturday-Sunday OFF/CLOSED. Monday another confirmation call, again they gives shipping date for coming Friday and repeatedly confused me. I took leave from work and lost $150 from my salary.

I really dont know whom to trust and what to do next. I am not writing all this to criticize Dell Inc. or their products. I only want fair information and i just need someone to fix my unit ASAP cuz, from the day i bought it, i used it only for a couple of hours and since the day it became dead, i am losing my mind seeing this DEAD, BOX PACKED VOSTRO 1014.

Please someone help my out cuz i am losing my work and time due to this thing. Please provide me accurate information regarding this issue. I will really appreciate some quick efforts.

Thanks,

Deepak Verma (India)

P.S. I am willing to share/provide the service tag and service call number if someone from Dell can fix this issue. I didnt know the privacy rules and hence i did not post these details in my first post to Dell's Support Forum.

April 8th, 2011 23:00

Is there anyone who can understand my problem and provide me some assistance?

No Events found!