Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2012 18:00

Looking for Bing Bar Program Files (x86), ProgramData and AppData Folders from someone with original Dell Factory Image.

Hello fellow Dellers!

I recently lost the original dell factory image on my hard drive and was wondering if anyone had the original bing bar preloaded on dell systems.

It is the bing bar with the Dell Logo on the left side.

One can re-install this bing bar if they copy all three bingbar folders into their appropriate locations and then use the installer included with these files. These three BingBar folders are found in the following directories:

1. C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\BingBar

2. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\BingBar

3. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\BingBar

If anyone can send me these three BingBar folders via e-mail or something, that would be awesome.

Best regards.

26 Posts

October 24th, 2012 20:00

^bump^

1.8K Posts

October 24th, 2012 21:00

Hi Thurashen,

Dell Bing Bar is available only via the Utility Partition or the Recovery Disks created using Dell DataSafe Local and it is not available separately. You can install the software from the recovery disk if you have created one.

26 Posts

October 25th, 2012 05:00

Thanks for the reply but I no longer have the original factory image. Is it all possible to get a Factory Image from Dell for an Inspiron N411z.

Best regards.

26 Posts

October 25th, 2012 17:00

Anyone?

26 Posts

October 26th, 2012 12:00

bump

26 Posts

October 26th, 2012 17:00

bump

1.8K Posts

October 27th, 2012 04:00

Hi Thurashen,

I am sorry to inform you that the Dell Bing Bar is available only with the original factory image. The original factory image cannot be obtained separately. You download the normal Bing Bar from Microsoft by visiting the following link:
toolbar.discoverbing.com/en-US

3.8K Posts

May 23rd, 2013 04:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                                      

No Events found!