Highlighted
MacQueen
1 Copper

Looking for Info on DC Power Adapters that will work on my M1730 XPS & answer to pin types

1)   I have been searching, at Dell's site, as well as other mnufacturer's sites for a power adapter so that I can run my XPS M1730 for prolonged periods on the road, in my vehicle.  I can't locate anything with the power spec's that the AC supply lists, and there is nothing in the manual referring to this.  All I can see is that it is 19V @ 11.2A on the DC side.  That's over 200 Watts.  The most I have ever seen is 90 Watts.  I'd be happy if I could find something that would give me a slower drain on the battery..even if it was only say 4 hours!  With the video out of SLI and all the LEDs off, Networking off, and little use of the HD...I get maybe 1 1/2 hr.  I ran it the other day with the M8800GT's in SLI and networking on...wow...only about 30 min's!!

I am leary of Inverters, unless somebody knows of one clean enough to run the laptops on.

2)   Kensington makes a supply for auto/air...it refers to powerpin types, like type - N, as well as others that are clour coded by colour.  Does anyone know what the power pin type is for the XPS M1730?

Thanks...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tigerwolf7
5 Osmium

Re: Looking for Info on DC Power Adapters that will work on my M1730 XPS & answer to pin types

I know the XPS 1730's power supply is close to 200 watts, but I can't even find a new power supply to buy for it, let alone a vehicle one.  I'd guess going from your car to the laptop's power supply by converter would be the best bet, but probably a large drain on the car's battery.
0 Kudos