Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 15th, 2017 07:00

Lost WiFi 17R3

I have an Alienware 17 R3, about 12 months old.  A couple of days ago there was a MS update. For a few hours all worked well.  Then my wifi suddenly stopped connecting, and went into airplane mode. Everytime I select WiFi, after a few seconds, the selection goes back to airplane.  I tried what was on the net , without success.   I am typing this an old laptop, which has a faulty keyboard so my attempts may be all over the place. Sorry.  But the wifi on this works ok.  So that's not the problem.

I tried turning off the ability for wifi to be suspended if low activity (a suggestion)
Then I noticed a new update for the Killer driver that was released 2 days ago.  I though great.  But alas, that didn't work. 

Can anyone help?
Regards, Doug

PS all Windows updates applied

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 18th, 2017 07:00

:emotion-2:

It appears you're having Airplane mode issues, therefore I'd suggest updating Airplane mode driver in your Dell Product Support page or in device manager. Please check out the information in the link below:

How to Fix Airplane Mode Issues in Windows 10

5 Posts

July 18th, 2017 20:00

Hello,

Many thanks for you great reply.  I had already tried 4 of the 5 options you detailed, except the suggestion regarding a physical option to toggle wifi off and on.  That was it!  I never even knew that there was a key on my keyboard that did that.

That's all it was.

Many thanks

Doug

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 19th, 2017 08:00

Glad to know computer is fix now. Thanks for the update....:emotion-2:

No Events found!