Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 3rd, 2012 21:00

Loud Noise while closing lid

When the laptop is put into the sleep mode and while closing the lid, a loud noise comes from the place near the touchpad. The sound goes off when the lid is opened. It is happening since a month.

The sound is not coming from the speakers. It is coming from inside the laptop.

December 5th, 2012 06:00

Hi Arun,

Thanks for the response.

I would suggest you to enable the audio device and uninstall the audio driver. Then restart the system and Windows would automatically try to install the sound driver.

Run the Windows Audio Playback Diagnose and Repair from the below mentioned MS FIX-IT 

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/AudioPlayback/

You may also run the hardware diagnostics to check if there is a hardware failure. To run the diagnostics you can get the instructions from the online videos available on the following link: http://dell.to/Sm161v Once you open the above page, under the option, “All Videos” select Dell Tools & Services >> Then select Dell Support Center–PC Checkup/Offline Diagnostics Please find the screenshot below:

1. Click Start, All Programs, Dell, Dell Support Center and Launch PC Checkup.
2. Click the PC Checkup button and then click Run Custom Scan.
Note: If the hardware is detected but the driver is not installed, instead of Run Test, the field will read Disabled.

In the given list, click to select the script or component test desired and follow the onscreen prompts to complete the diagnostic. Please reply with the findings.

Thanks & Regards
Vishal S
#iworkfordell

1 Message

December 22nd, 2012 00:00

Hi.

I faced a similar problem. I solved it by doing the following.

1. Turn on the Realteak Audio Manager

2. Check the Microphone Tab

3. Mute/Reduce the Playback Volume

Hope it works.

Source - Answer given by Lee Hodgson in this webpage ("http://www.fixya.com/support/t2323401-loud_noise_from_speakers_when_laptop")

December 4th, 2012 02:00

Hi,

To assist you better please provide the system model you are using.

Meanwhile, verify if the noise is very loud and can be heard several feet away and is audible even in a noisy environment.

Also, determine if the AC Adapter is making the noise or the fan.

Please reply.

Thanks and Regards
Vishal S
#iworkfordell

8 Posts

December 4th, 2012 03:00

Hi,

System Model : Inspiron N4010

The sound can be heard even several feet away and is audible even in a noisy environment. Now, the sound comes on as soon as the laptop is turned ON. The sound is being heard from the speakers. Even when i play some music in the windows media player, i hear this sound.

I disabled the Realtek Audio controller and the sound stopped.

Did the speaker went bad ? :(

Please do reply

Thanks

Arun

8 Posts

December 5th, 2012 21:00

Hi Vishal,

Today i noticed that, if ever the volume is slider goes above 40%... the some weird sound comes out from the speakers. I uninstalled the realtek audio driver and restarted the laptop, it got installed automatically and the weird sound didn't come even when the slider was at 100%.

Then i ran the Fix It and also updated the driver.

That huge sound didn't come for sometime... but again it started. When i connect my headphones to the laptop, i can hear a lot of static. When i play the music in WMP with all default settings, the music is not clear.

What else needs to be done ??

Thanks

Arun

8 Posts

December 22nd, 2012 06:00

Hi

Thanks for replying

It was wn intermittent issue and i got the motherboard and speakers replaced by Dell.

1 Message

June 15th, 2017 18:00

Thnx bro it worked for me

No Events found!