Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2014 13:00

Low FPS in games, when HUD or other interfaces enabled

Hello!

I have a problem with games and need your help.

When I play the games with lot of HUD or other interfaces (text, loading-bar, health-bar etc.), ingame fps value becomes less then normal and I can't play with this horrible lags. I tested it on Skyrim and Borderlands 2 for example, when I turn off HUD, fps value increased to comfortable state, at 30-40 at least. 

Meanwhile, I don't saw this issue in World of Tanks, and don't know, what's the problem.

I was looking to solve the problem on the Internet, but it seems no one has similar problem. 

I have searched drivers for my laptop on the dell.com and install all of them. My laptop is Dell Inspiron 17R/5737 with Windows 8.1 OS/Intell i5 4200U/AMD Radeon HD 8870M and I hope you can help me.

P.S. Sorry for my English, actually I live in Ukraine and I hope you'll understand all of my message. =)

17 Posts

January 22nd, 2014 20:00

Same issue on my 5737 with the 8870M. Left 4 Dead 2, for example, runs at between 10 and 15 fps on the lowest possible graphics setting when in the menu. If you start a L4D2 game, this slows to 1-2 fps.

Load up the generic AMD Mobility driver and all your games will work perfectly. However, the laptop will not sleep / wake properly. I'm certain this is an issue with the Dell supplied graphics drivers. I've seen several reports of driver related issues from 15R/17R owners using AMD graphics chips. Would love it if someone from Dell could at least acknowledge the problem and give us a time frame on an updated driver to address these problems (if they're working on them at all!).

2 Posts

February 11th, 2014 11:00

Thank you, your answer helped me solve with the issue with fps. But, you were right about the problem with sleep \ wake state. Actually, i can't turn off my laptop properly! =)

Do you have some info about these problem?

1 Message

February 18th, 2014 15:00

First, sorry for my English,

I've been having similar problem on my inspiron 15r (since I upgrade to windows 8.1), when I disable hud in skyrim, fps would rise significantly. I solved by running skyrim and left4dead2 in compatibility mode for windows 7 (without installing the generic AMD mobility driver). 

No Events found!