Highlighted
hugorafael17
1 Copper

Low quality audio inspiron 5437

Jump to solution

The dell audio driver for the realtek soundcard in my laptop is very bad, it delivers a dull sound, with almost no bass and really loud on high frequencies.

In other thread someone suggested using windows native driver and that works but:

I use a p2 headset with mic and that does not work with windows driver (mic + audio in the same p2 pin)

Is there anyway to use windows native driver and make the headset mic work?

Why does dell release such a bad quality driver since the hardware is perfectly capable of delivery good sound? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

RE: Low quality audio inspiron 5437

Jump to solution

Is there anyway to use windows native driver and make the headset mic work?

No.

The dell audio driver for the realtek soundcard in my laptop is very bad, it delivers a dull sound, with almost no bass and really loud on high frequencies.

If you have WavesMaxx make sure that is not the problem. It only works with the Realtek driver, not the native, so try disabling its settings.

Or you could try a driver directly from Realtek.

1.Go to the Realtek downloads selection page. www.realtek.com.tw/downloads
2. On the page click on "High Definition Audio Codecs".
3. Check "I accept" and then "next".
4. (optional) In the column named "Description" find the file named README and download it. That has the instructions for installing or updating.
5. In the column named "Description" select your operating system and whether it is 32bits or 64bits from the top 2 choices in the list.
6. In the column named "Download" click on one of the server names to download the driver.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
hugorafael17
1 Copper

RE: Low quality audio inspiron 5437

Jump to solution

Thanks very much

About wavesmaxx, whenever I have my headset plugged in I cant really alter any settings regarding wavemaxx. through the laptop speakers it works fine

0 Kudos